Lessons You Have Learnt In Life...

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, May 24, 2021.

1. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Very true :clap2:

Needtobestrong and anika987 like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:In school it is always lessons I learnt first. Afterwards tests follows.
    But in life tests first. Lessons later.
    The thread analyses as to till date what the life has taught one .
    There are things learnt continuously day by day month by month year by year. But what is the use of learning and knowledge. One is unable to chart a new course in life after some bitter exp. new lessons learnt old ones forgotten.
    Sometimes we love strangers more than friends.
    Some go by averages like that maths professor diving into pool of zone of ten feet depth to learn to swim proclaiming his height is more than the average depth of the pool.

After going through travails of pregnancy & delivery of first child, there are men & woman deciding never to go for second but ... notwithstanding lessons learnt.

Many, I found learn lessons and impart to others their experience but they continue to enjoy repeating same mistakes umpteen times.

c’est la vie’

Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  3. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

1. Health is first and foremost
    2. Let bygones be bygones
    3. My happiness is my responsibility
    4. Cultivate faith no matter what

Many many and many more, life is full of lessons, sometimes we learn sometimes we ignore. At the end we are who we choose to be.

shama146, Laks09, SCA and 1 other person like this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

For me its so confusing to just know by texts :confundio1:. I have this working formula to find out people I can count on... I first help them when they need ( not when I can) I do it 2-3 times and eventually, I would need some help later but it usually happens that only few of the many who promised,will do what I did to them... so now I know and I go on that way... the rest, I do help but wont go out of my way much. Also I noticed that consistant helpers wont have a harem of helpers , just some 4-5 people who they can trust yet the non-consistant helpers have many of people that they ask help and surely end up getting help anyway...
    2 ways to find help I guess.
    Has anyone noticed it at all?.. this senario?

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    anika987 likes this.
  5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Money :thumbup:

anika987 likes this.
  6. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Good post.

The major one I learned over the years is:

- Don't let any one get too comfortable in mistreating YOU, be it spouse/first circle families/co-workers/"friends"/neighbors anyone for that sake, once they didn't get denied on how they are treating you, they take that advantage/opportunity to demean you every single time.

shama146, Laks09, SCA and 5 others like this.
  7. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

1) money earn money & invest
    2) prioritize you & family
    3) keep all relatives/ friends at bay
    4) don't be a open book to all
    5) help people in real need, don't help mean and hideous people., people with hidden agenda.
    6) be healthy eat healthy
    7) spend more time with child
    8) take nature walks, go to beaches, natural wonders.

Laks09, SCA, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  8. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful thread @anika987

1. Always accept the way your life is...don't compare with others.
    2. 3-4 friends should always be there for you when you are away from your families (abroad)
    3. Dedicate what you do everyday it can be cooking(cooking healthy food is not easy on daily basis), kids activities, friends, learning new things etc.
    4. Always be open to new friends by end of day you will have only 1 or 2 in your circle
    5. Be happy and always do things that makes you happy
    6. Don't think about your past just move on and learn to accept your life and new experience
    7. Don't be judgmental always
    8. If someone try to avoid don't have to think about that person

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

1. Make yourself a priority. You are a person first - daughter, wife, mom, sister, dil etc next. It’s alright to be selfish about your needs.

2. No two people on the planet have identical experiences and relationships. Take note of what mom, friends, sisters etc say but know that your relationships are not the same as theirs. Well meaning advice doesn’t have to be the best for you. Identify what works for your unique situation.

3. Earning or not, financial awareness and independence is important. Always be aware of your finances and always have a bank account that you can access with some emergency money.

4. Life is not a competition. It’s ok to cut people who make it so. Somebody else’s self esteem isn’t your problem and you don’t have to put up with nonsense to be a good friend. Remember you come first.

5. Have a small circle of reliable friends. Nobody is invincible and having someone to fall back on is good.

6. Cut yourself a lot of slack. Nobody is perfect. It’s easy to look at the road not taken and brood. Bygones are bygones. Learn from past missteps and improvise the present. Don’t let those past missteps derail your present. Look back only to see how far you have come.

7. When the going gets tough, take things one day at a time. Focus on putting one step in front of another. Worrying about the future isn’t going to help your present. Focus on getting through today before planning for tomorrow.

8. Value what you have. Let others know how much they mean to you!

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

We IL’e wish for your happiness and we can understand the stress you are going through.

Hope everything gets sorted out soon.Take. Are of your health.As of now..divert with good music or walking..anything u like.

take care and god bless

Needtobestrong likes this.