1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Dads Take More Shortcuts In Parenting?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Rihana, May 18, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Mothers plunge deep instantly about anything and everything of their wards since the have that umbilical connection bestowed with intuition whereas dads have no such intution.

2. Mother’s are real CEO in every home and so it is natural for them to think deep for long term and so they not only connect to the problems at hand but also of the future.

3. Thanks dad’s ( not duds) have no umbilical connection to their child or children.

4. There was a joke about mother’s would be complaining collectively to the creator Brahma that their labour pain to be transferred to would be child’s dad and with time limit Brahma decreed in women’s favour. You know the aftermath.
    Thanks & Regards.
    God Bless dads not duds.

Rihana likes this.
  2. kaluputti

kaluputti Platinum IL'ite

:roflmao::roflmao:

Rihana likes this.
  3. MadhuRK

MadhuRK Silver IL'ite

Hi @Rihana

I can assure you that for every single thing listed here, my husband is the constantly worried one. I'm the chilled out parent. I kind of find this state of being in constant anxiety almost unbearable and believe it has a detrimental effect on our daughter. She thinks too much, is afraid of taking risks and being more child-like. I digress. I think you are asking for shortcuts and I'm using it to vent. Here two shortcuts I take:

1. Kiddo cries for attention, I give her some toys and kitchen vessels filled with water, she goes into a zen mode and starts playing with them. Husband never does it. He will compromise the most critical thing, even his morning tea or meetings with the manager, improvise a game and play with her giving her percent attention.

Result: kid has no idea how to do self play and wants a parent to be around always.

2. Kid needs to be introduced to music. H does all the research on the right keyboard, right age, fingering, baby piano, etc etc etc. I couldn't care less because this is the next exotic toy that looks exciting to her. So I ignore.

Result: we have a highly researched and totally unused piece of musical equipment sitting in our living room.

My husband is an out and out straight arrow and does not know how to take shortcuts for anything, let alone parenting. There are no hacks in his life. If he has to cook, he will enthusiastically sign up and make a 4 course meal, puree a soup, make a main course, make some salad etc etc. This means 15 vessels and a blast radius like Chernobyl due to his 6 foot frame in a small kitchen. Me, I will keep one pressure cooker and call it done

I'm also btw the not so cool parent in my daughter's opinion. I wonder how I lost that badge.

chanchitra, nuss, Angela123 and 2 others like this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

We know worrier-worrier is not perfect for parenting...may be the
    chill-chill couples are the best?...because they will have similar plans right?

or is it the worrier-chill combo as the chill person can chill and the worrier can plan...which makes both happy because the worrier ( usually planner) fixes things before the chill person even realises that it needs to be fixed?

shravs3, Rihana and Angela123 like this.
  5. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Madhu- I so hear you on well-researched toys! My husband drives me insane with his "research". I am more like here is the Amazon list, which one would you like and order that. I read reviews :) that's it!

Thyagarajan, Rihana and MadhuRK like this.
  6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I need some more time to confirm this :sweatsmile:
    But as of now looks like my DH is doing fatherly duties well, hopefully it continues :relaxed:

7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

!!! Really? Chinchaa? Nijaṅgā?
    Eppaṭnun̄ci? Since when?

Means what I think it means? Wow...

Please revert back with confirmation at your earliest! :grinning:

Anusha2917, Thyagarajan and shravs3 like this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Yes you are right :grinning: My baby was born few months ago.. Hence I went MIA from IL...

Anusha2917, chanchitra and Rihana like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Shravs!!! That's such a lovely news.

Yes, I did notice the MIA.. Wanted to ask you recommendations for shows to watch after CLOY. : )

shravs3 and Anusha2917 like this.
  10. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Rihana :blush::hearteyes:

Rihana likes this.