Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Minion, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Goa Covid Deaths; Shocking Truth Of A Hospitals In Bihar & Varanasi

2. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Baba Ramdev, Oxygen Shortage is Killing Thousands, Where's Your Compassion, Humanity?

3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

7 Days & Counting: People Wait for Remdesivir in Chennai

4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I’d rather not involve the moderators in this unless the discussion turns ugly or descends into namecalling. Moderating is a thankless job in my personal opinion, so should be last resort if at all. So far the disagreements have been fairly civil and let’s hope it continues that way.

You have every right to post any video you want in whichever language. I didn’t mean to pinpoint you and I have no problem with it. Right after my assertion that I personally didn’t find the videos posted offensive, it occurred to me that I hadn’t seen the regional videos and hence put that disclaimer. We’re all good here.

Agathinai likes this.
  5. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the detailed reply. It helped me understand that your replies are coming from a place of despair and frustration and I empathize with you.

I’ll try to reply to you point wise.

But when the leader himself has famously declared “I alone can fix it!” And positioned himself as the sole savior what are we to do?

Part of the reason we in the US are so worked up and traumatized is because we are seeing this for the second time. You could say we are suffering from PTSD.

What you are going through we endured last year. Right upto Jan 2021 when ‘former guy’ finally left office we were averaging 350k new cases and 4K deaths per day. It was a nightmare. The vaccines were already here for a month, mind you, but they were delaying the distribution, reports they were selling it to their donors and allies, hoarding them what not. Today we are barely 30k cases and less than 1k deaths. What happened? What changed? Jan 21, 2021 happened. We threw the grifting, corrupt, science denying bums out. Today I’m vaccinated things are opening up the nightmare is at an end. The difference is night and day. That’s why I personally keep harping on this issue. (Others can speak for themselves) Because I’ve come to understand that leadership comes from the top. Biden came in and turned things around in 3 months.
    You ask what can one person do. I’ve seen reports that leaders of all political parties have appealed to your PM that let’s put politics aside, let’s form a national task force join forces and fight together to save the people. His reply- stop politicizing. You are lying. Reply to former PM - save your advice for your own party. That thug in UP? If you complain I’ll jail you!

There’s really a lot he can do if you think about it. A lot... which the Supreme Court is now doing instead of him.

Nice try but no can do. In last para you very neatly and conveniently absolve their actions while pinpointing mocking terms. Really? Again leadership comes from the top. When members of the ruling BJP host such events this what happens. This is how desperate and lacking in options the public is that they are even considering this seriously
    I wouldn’t blame the people to the extent you are doing. It’s upto the govt to educate and get the right messaging out. Which again is missing. I still don’t think people in India fully understand Covid or the extent to which behavior plays a role. When I view Indian TV for example I ‘m always struck by the fact that all govt entities and news announcers will mention #recovered in the same breath as #dead or even before. It’s very curious. Here and in the rest of the world only #infected and #dead are mentioned. It’s human nature. Here, The audience hears the two numbers and thinks ‘omg! I don’t want to get infected and I don’t want to die what should I do?’
    In India though they emphasize #recovered over #dead. When a person hears 2 million recovered and 4000 died what’s he gonna think? Which group is he gonna instinctively ally with? You tell me.
    Here we have to dig through the data a little to find the recovery rate. After news reports boasting about India Has the best recovery rate in the world I did the digging. It’s the same here too. Nothing unusual about it. But it’s contributed to this false perception imo that Covid is something only the foreigners are worried about it’s no biggie.

I’ll tell you this though. We too had bad messaging under former guy. Almost daily there were news reports of maskless people and outrageous behavior. Guess what? Once regime changed and the messaging became consistent all those declined significantly. We still have problems though. Special US only problems :)

India has large sections of population under poverty level and uneducated so getting the messaging right is critical.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  6. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

girl in hijab :tongueclosed: says that she adds Onions to everything she makes !!

7. Hopikrishnan

The highly populous, and poor (low GDP) states of the Hindi heartland -- Rajastan, UP, Bihar and MP -- have 202 seats in Lok Sabha. The politicians need to win big in these states to win a majority in LokSabha. The populations in these poor states are increasing, and the LokSabha seat allocations would change (after the 2026 census) to reflect this. India would have more MP's from poor and poorly governed states, than states with better quality of life and higher GDP's.

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

India faces increasing difficulty disposing of COVID dead

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Inside a COVID ICU in Delhi

10. Hopikrishnan

Only in movies we see autopsy scenes with a nonchalant doctor in a blood stained rubber apron, no surgical mask, wearing long (veterinary) rubber gloves, talking to the main actor (usually) playing the sleuth or some such thing. In real life, even for deaths without any infectious diseases, cadavers are treated with caution.

[ The following is a quote from: https://thelogicalindian.com/fact-check/coronavirus-spread-smoke-ashes-cremation-covid-19-22606]
    As per the guidance released by World Health Organisation (WHO) on handling COVID-19 victims' bodies, except in cases of hemorrhagic fevers (such as Ebola, Marburg) and cholera, dead bodies are generally not infectious. Only the lungs of patients with pandemic influenza, if handled improperly during an autopsy, can be infectious. Otherwise, cadavers do not transmit disease. The WHO further adds any body fluids leaking from orifices in the cadaver must be contained. There is no need to disinfect the body before transferring it to the mortuary area.​

This ALSO adds to what makes the disposal of bodies in Ganga R. a public health hazard.

I cannot find anything about FISH being a corona virus host. However, when internet searching came upon an article by Maneka Gandhi, on a subject of a well known bacterial infection that is spread by fish in some cosmetic salons.
    The dangers of fish pedicure:
    If you want to clean your feet use a pumice stone not a live fish.
    Maneka Gandhi | New Delhi | October 20, 2018 9:30 pm

Last edited: May 17, 2021