1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Curing And Healing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 16, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Curing and Healing.

It is not the first time or the last time. People have been dying, are dying, and will continue dying.
    Illness and death are bedfellows.

The first thing that comes to our mind when someone falls sick is to take medical help. The doctor prescribes some medicines and the patient gets cured. In difficult cases, more investigations are needed and treatment can prolong before the patient is back on feet.

In extreme cases, the doctor knows the illness is not curable like terminal cancer and even indicates the time frame. At this point, a good doctor becomes a healer too. His comforting words give hope to the patient and in many cases, he is in a position to take his position positively. Friends and relatives come, talk to him, say comforting words, narrate stories of how "xyz" survived X number of years after the disease was diagnosed, and so on. Such healing words make the patient less fearful and a smile returns to his face.

But then, nothing, cure, or healing stops death when it strikes.

Those left behind to mourn the death of the patient need healing now. A few words of sympathy, sharing the grief, and help in any manner can reduce the grief and bring smiles to the faces of the mourning members of the family.

Times are difficult. No hugging, no pat on the shoulders. Do whatever best we can if it brings some relief to a grieving family. Some are sending cooked food. Some are attending to the infants and small kids.

It is not advisable to visit but maybe there are ways of doing something.
    Curing involves the resolution of illness but not always possible.
    Healing can happen whether the illness, physical or emotional, is curable or not.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Whatever you have written is very true because we have experienced.

On 30th April my son in law was not active otherwise he is active person. Early morning he makes coffee for me and my husband. Now since 3 mths staying in his house. Came for cataract operation 'then suffered
    Dry cough. Fell down and hurt my right elbow..for all this he only took me to the Doctor .Sometimes my daughter used to come. Such a person lying down in bed hold day without talking was very painful to.see

Since two days he was complaining of headache and took medicines. My daughter and brother in law thought it's not serious though.I felt.something wrong.serously. then in the night they took him to Doctor
    He was unconscious could not walk also.
    Whe n they.admitted after.scanning they.said there is blood flow in the brain a d has to be operated and it will take 6 hrs.
    And also paralysed one side.My daughter got panic and started crying and in the morning,my daughter 's sister I law my husband , my granddaughter went to the hospital. He was taken for operation a d what a surprise operation took only two and a half hours. We came back after coming home. My husband's family is very.huge and everyone started praying. He is a pet for everyone. With everyone 's prayers a
    nd God's grace and elder's blessings he came to conscious in the e enough itself. My daughter was asked to take covid test and only she could stay in the room Her brother in law some how ma aged to take her food 3 times and slept in the room after 3 days ge was shifted in the ward and only he and my daughter could stay in the roo.m.Noone was allowed and food also from canteen. Her brother in law had to meet her outside
    Son in law was allowed to talk on phone but only his brothers and sisters spoke to him a others enquired about to either daughter or me

Luckily by God's grace he was discharged on 8th May and he was normal and active like before. They have a big house ground and first floor surrounded by trees and he takes good care of the trees

B
    My granddaughter who is 12 yrs was missing her parents especially my.son in law though.she could go and see her motherand after he was dis charged she also went to bring

By God's grace he is ok and pray to God to keep him healthy and happy

'

3. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Very good advice, especially in the current situations . Such positive responses from people in any way will surely lessen the burden and sorrow to a great extent.

HariLakhera, Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Sorry to hear of your son in law.s illness. Very glad however to see that he had timely treatment and help and is back on his feet. Our prayers for your family. Take care.

HariLakhera, Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks very much dear .It was a miracle and everyone 's prayers and God's helped.him.to recover fast

HariLakhera likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @HariLakhera
    Kudos to Your profound analysis of the cure and power of (Pranic) healing. Your conclusion is unmistakable. Yes Cure is not guaranteed while healing can have a positive impact sooner or later.

In the present world of online, even death scene is available on FaceTime but that consolation of physical hugs....?

Yes cure can be attempted and result is decided by the cosmic force.

Surgeries are successful but then sooner or later soul departs. My mother had heart attack and her days according to cardiologist are numbered but after medication and planting pace maker, she survived for almost fifteen years. Was it cure was it prayers or both.

Sometimes possibly owing to intense strength of prayers of kin, body comes back alive from mortuary. Movement of Baby’ s body in mortuary seen from a distance by a person seen next morning in government hospital in chennai.

As a boy, I happen to see a body kept in sitting posture on pyre was being taken in procession. A few & I could see body movement with eyes opened and the shocked people carrying pyre on the shoulder dropped the pyre with body on , haphazardly and ran halter-smelter. This too
    could be attributed to intense prayer or aftereffect of healing.

Moolan while grazing cattle collapsed on the ground dead. The cows were all seen weeping over his body. Seeing this heart-wrenching scene, a saint leaves his own body after preserving his dead body in a bush, transmigrated into the dead body of Moolan.

The cows stopped weeping seeing Moolan alive & agile. After happily grazing for the day, this Moolan saw the cattle to their homes. Moolan’s spouse called him endearingly into home. But when he said the truth, she could not believe it.

Such a miracle cure for the dead. But her village people calmed her to accept the fact. Now , Moolan went in search of his body could not find it in the bushes where he hid his body. Then he was called as saint Thiru Moolar. He is believed to be one of eighteen invisible saints around the mount Thiruvannamalai. He created several poems that covers body maintenance, spiritual living etc.

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  7. Thyagarajan

@iyerviji
    What a coincidence. Their in your son in laws place you had successful cataract and your SON IN LAW & daughter taken good care of you. You were happy. Amidst nice garden and trees with grand daughter, it was peaceful. As if Some evil eyes struck you, you got hurt elbows which impeded your hobbies and pastime. As I’ll luck would have it, your son-in-law got his bad time.

It is a great relief to know that a successful brain surgery done accurately in good time in a couple of hours put him back to rails. God is great. Surely the collective prayers of one and all, kith and kin played a major role in all this leading to healing.

My prayers are with your son in law for a speedier convalescing and return to normal.
    God Bless.

HariLakhera and iyerviji like this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks for your loving message. True evil eyes has struck This year started badly for me but God has done good for me also being in safe hands. Might be my bad luck affected my son in law

True everyone 's prayers made him recover fast. Today also I heard about a friend who had blood clot 7 yrs back.and still not able to walk.

Thanks for your prayers

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Correction : <Ran Helter Skelter> Not halter smelter.

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Hariji,
    Yes....healing can happen and we can help. Especially emotional....in this time of pandemic.
    Even a sympathetic phone call is helpful.
    Syamala

HariLakhera likes this.