1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brahmarakshasa And The Quest For Zero Iq Soap

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 9, 2021.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Seeking to escape from the depressing COVID scenario, I vowed to watch only no-brainers on the OTT platform.
    I stumbled upon what I thought was the ultimate no-brainer on ZEE 5. It was called "BRahmrakshas., The title itself sounded promising and the first episode really held the potential for a great zero IQ serial.
    A rich guy is pushed from his balcony by a gold digger whom he married and is grabbed by a gorilla and killed YES GORILLA NOT GIERIILLA. THAT TOO IN AN INDIAN FOREST!!!!!!!!

Suspend your disbelief guys and forget Nat-Geo Animal Planet, Discovery, etc. The serial was obviously written by someone who is blissfully ignorant of the fact that such channels exist, someone who would probably score a zero if asked questions about animal habitats in a quiz.
    This guy turns into a spook called Brahmarakshas. He doesn't like marriages and brides in red finery drive him nuts and he plays spoilsport at weddings by killing the bride and anyone else he can lay his hands on, Only lotus flowers keep him at bay, nope I don't think he is anti or pro-BJP but just a guy who doesn't give a damn for politics.
    Now a couple of scatterbrained families want a destination wedding for their offspring and zero in on Brahmarakshas habitat. After that, it is all Karan Johar universe., absolutely unrelieved with anach gaana pre-wedding celebrations and dollops of soap opera. except when the spook appears with its hands outstretched like Jesus the Saviour and with low growls like a very angry pooch
    Then what? Then I gave up after four or five episodes. Karan Johar is okay, So is Dracula. But KJO meets Drac is a wee bit too much.
    DW suggested that I should watch Tamil daily soaps instead. but they confuse me. Every character has the same kind of beard and you can't tell the hero from his father-in-law. The women characters come as a relief. They have no facial hair, thankfully.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Viswamitra, Thyagarajan and 1Sandhya like this.

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

When you are home watching bioscopes on TV, you must take it in stride.

[​IMG]
    soruce: Weissmuller Tarzan – Tinting History
    Edgar Rice Burroughs on location with his most famous creation, Tarzan, as portrayed by Johnny Weissmuller, along with his Jane, Maureen O’Sullivan, in the 1932 film “Tarzan the Ape Man“.

Also in this photo, years before Mr Spock’s famous false ears, is an Indian elephant made up as its African counterpart. All the elephants in the Weissmuller Tarzan films were Indian, with fake ears and tusks. The shape of the head, however, is a giveaway.​

Thyagarajan and Balajee like this.
  3. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

Pure comedy gold!

Superb review sir. Absolutely hilarious. Really enjoyed reading your account.
    There are many more candidates left for you to review in your ‘Quest for the zero IQ soap.’ Not particular about language either. Please pick another one and give it your special treatment. Eagerly awaiting next installment.
    (You really missed a career as movie critic I think. )

Balajee and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Lord Vishnu Created Lord Brahma on Lotus flower and BJP got it from Lord Brahma. So Lotus -Kamal- is now the their property.

upload_2021-5-9_19-38-11.jpeg

Balajee and Thyagarajan like this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

That In dian elephant deserved the best supporting actor Oscar for its very convincing portrayal of an African elephant

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Review is super comedy! Yes heroes are indistinct as all male characters iin soaps not only Tamil but other languages too appear with same beard and moustache. Phillips trimmers are available at a discount to soap producers!
    I enjoyed reading and your date with Tarzan & ape type.

7. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

1sandhya the worst careers you can have is as food or movie critic. Food critics ruin their body eating all sort of rubbish and movie critics ruin their mental health watching all sorts of rubbish

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,

Your movie review is more hilarious and probably you should take that as a side profession. How did you choose "Brahmarakshas" in the first place? Tami soaps are no better and don't jump into it. You asked the question already that had been in my mind why most Tamil soap heroes are with beards.

Corona Virus is not relenting so quickly and you should have chosen much more interesting serial that would last you for nearly a year. You could have chosen Jodha Akbar or Chandranandhini of Ekta that would last you for the entire epidemic. I was about to suggest "Mahabharat" and looked book again to who I was sending my response and changed my mind.

If you are settling down with Tamil soaps, pick one of the Radhaan series that would last you for 3-4 years.

Viswa

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Hariji did all the four heads take a unanimous decision on handing over the flower to BJP or was it a majority decision?

HariLakhera likes this.
  10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

No, Brahma got up for a second distracted by Narada and BJP snatched it away from Brahma. When Brahma claimed it back, BJP threatened Him with BrahMos (BrahmaRakshas Modi).