1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Human.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by HariLakhera, May 9, 2021.

1. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

A friend of mine lost his son, aged just 30, due to Covid and most unfortunately so because they could not find a hospital with ventilator in Delhi, the capital of India, that is claiming to be Vishwa Guru.
    Should I say 'Prarbhdha' or to hell with the system?

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hari Sir,

It is extremely painful to hear this. This is a complete government failure to predict and manage the pandemic. Even courts are giving directives to the government. I am not sure what had gone into the heads of the central cabinet ministers. It is high time they make some serious decisions to bring down the second wave to a manageable level.

HariLakhera likes this.
  3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Hariji sorry to know about your friend's loss.The fact is Delhi is much better off than many other parts od India.The Delhi High Court in a ruling said pressure on Delhi is high because its medical infrastructure is better than that of the neighbouring states and people from there also come for treatment. Because of its complex (and complicated), administrative system things are somewhat slow here. But according to the Delhi govt there are 5,000 vacant beds in various hospitals. The city govt is doing its best but oxygen concentrators and ventilators are procured by thye central government and distributed by it. Amd it has not been fair to non-BJP states like Delhi but now things are improving as the Supreme court hammered the centre for its stepmotherly treatment to Delhi.

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Very sad. It is govt.failure. Agree with Viswamitra. Utterly failed in dealing with pandemic. Reason....more value was given to rallies, elections, festivities than dealing with human lives.
    Syamala

HariLakhera likes this.
  5. drdiva

drdiva Silver IL'ite

Yes the govts have failed..not only central govt but also state govts. And its very sad to see people dying but i m sure none of us had thought there will be sunami of cases..many people were reluctant to go for vaccinations ..Many had stopped wearing mask..People also are very casual..So not only govts fault.

HariLakhera likes this.
  6. HariLakhera

Yes, Shri Viswa, it is because of the arrogance of 'I am the best' attitude. The problem seems to be ministers, bureaucrats are tight lipped. One has to weigh each word before speaking.

7. HariLakhera

I can understand, if this is the condition in National Capital, God can only help in other places. Covid is now spreading in the rural areas and we may see more fatalities. Lancet Medical Journal has predicted over one million deaths by August, 2021. May God prove them wrong.

8. HariLakhera

Our Foreign Minister is justifying all that because India is a democracy.

9. HariLakhera

I think it all happened that people lowered their guard after the PM said, India has won the war against Covid. It was too premature. Only if vaccination had continued more vigorously, the damage could have minimized.
    Now there is no point in crying over the spilt milk.

joylokhi likes this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Very sorry to know

HariLakhera likes this.