1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Does Karma Really Exist In Relationships?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Needtobestrong, Apr 18, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

upload_2021-4-28_17-57-56.jpeg

First page after the flyleaf in the new book on karma by Sath Guru released few days ago just for info:

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Same Sadhguru some virtual events coming up on this topic , in next day on wards , pls google if interested,.

Karma Virtual Book Tour

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    Needtobestrong and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Needtobestrong,

The Law of Karma is not a science where we can physically see the effect of the cause. It works in mysterious ways that are not comprehensible to the minds of human beings. Our life itself is a gift given to us to erase our negative encryption for which we need to be grateful. Every action we have done not in the present life but also in the past lives has its own reaction. We don't remember our past life actions purposefully so that we are not overburdened with the legacies. For performing good actions, we need positive thinking. When we keep doing good actions, it erases the burden we carry on our shoulders. The purpose of life is to refine ourselves and remove our encryption and we are not here to worry about whether others are facing the consequences of their actions. Every bad action would accumulate karma for sure and how it is being faced by the concerned person is something he or she needs to worry about. To a certain extent, when we experience pain or suffering, it might be the way we remove the effect of our past actions. It is impossible to reconcile our good actions in the present life and see the effects of those good actions nor it is feasible to see other's bad actions and see the effects of their actions.

The journey of life is alone and everyone and the circumstances around us are the effects of our past actions. When our body, mind, and intellect endure them with the right action, it eliminates our encryption. The emotions you have expressed here are your mind's reaction to what you experienced from others and therefore you have to only work where it was created. Your joy and peace are derived from inside of you and not from the words expressed by others. Moreover, psychologically when you remain unaffected by the words of others and focus your attention only on your own well-being, others around you will give up creating painful words and actions. When you express your pain openly, it gives them the impression that they have been successful in their endeavor and continue to do what they have been doing.

Life is about ourselves and what impression we create in this world than how we get affected by others.

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra, i take your reply as a lesson for myself too, as I am often faced with situations like OP and even after 40 yrs of marriage it is difficult to come to terms with behaviour from my spouse that causes a lot of embarassment on social occasions particularly. However, as you have so clearly said, it pays to remember that being unaffected by such things is the best way to go forward.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  5. Thyagarajan

I wish to add to my previous FB at #18

There relationship itself happens due to karma balance between the parties. Karma of all family members put together probably determines the happiness or sadness of a nuclear or joint family.

We have heard stories characters avers that it was due to poorva Juanma Palam that I got you as my spouse or I got you as my son or daughter or brother etc. so karmapalan can act individually & or collectively.

The pilgrimage bus topsyturvied or fallen into a deep ravine or gorge or devotees die in stampede on the way to hill top shrines are all the result of karma acting collective .

Karma balance creates rebirth on earth. But this can not explain if birth takes place in an aircraft.

paru123 likes this.
  6. Patientone

Patientone Silver IL'ite

Cut yourself a bit of slack and be kind to yourself. You sound absolutely depleted of energy. Please stop doing a lot of housework. Sons should look after their parents. Daughter in laws don’t have to. Whatever women like us do is the kindness from our own hearts.

yes there is karma in relationships. My brother in law (husbands brother) and his wife said something insensitive to do with my newborn daughter. They decided to have extra scans so their baby wouldn’t turn out like my daughter (how insulting when I just gave birth~ my baby was a born fighter)... although I wouldn’t wish anything like this on anyone’s child their baby that was born a month later and my sister in law got an infection and had to stay in hospital for a few days....that wasn’t enough karma for what followed and how they treated me but I have no shame on saying I hope next time they say something...they think twice...obviously not said anything to my husband but God is watching...

paru123, SCA, Needtobestrong and 3 others like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Karma for dummies in link:

Needtobestrong likes this.
  8. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

i cAnt believe people will do such things to a woman who just delivered, and push out a woman with a young child. Don’t these people have any shame? No conscience?

may your mother find peace in her heart. As for Karma, I believe it will be served in it’s time

9. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

I searched for your post, as it was mentioned in another post.
    I just want to say- there is no karma. I have seen my mom life believing in karma. Why wait for an another force to teach someone lesson? Will you be satisfied with whatever lesson that they were forced to learn? You have 0 say in what the lesson that they will learn! While you endure the pain of being not true to yourself? Be true to yourself no matter what. All the karma what await for others will happen right then and there.
    Example- why are you being a maid to your IL? If your husband wants to be a good son, let him do the work. You focus on what you want to do! Don't do their seva now and expect to get something later. Coz you won't get anything from anyone. Not even your IL or your husband give your credit.
    Put yourself first no matter what! That's the only reason everyone around you come across as successfull. Not that they really are. They give importance to themselves,
    The domestic example that you said is just co incidence. 2 things to remember-1. never be rude to anyone based on their profession. 2. If you are very angry- stick to facts, don't get personal, and stay as calm as possible. You think you have been fair to your domestic help- but I am sure if you hear from her perspective, it maybe far from what you think. So why waste your time on "What you think" or "they think" just say it. Keep it simple and have an open communication. Where you are prioritizing yourself first.

There are no angles, there is no karma or nobody will lift a finger if you don't help yourself.

SCA and Needtobestrong like this.
  10. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

No there is nothing called ' karma'. It's all to make us feel good. I have see innumerable examples in my own life where it never worked. Seen really beautiful souls having a wretched life and even die. On the other hand seen so many wicked people have such a beautiful life. How it works, only almighty knows.

We mortals can only act in the best possible way we can, and leave everything on God to decide.