Shipping From India To Usa

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EagerForInfo, May 9, 2021.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Hello,

Has anyone shipped anything from India to USA? Which service is the cheapest and the best? I know this is not the best time but I would like to order clothes from India.. I have talked to the store.. They said they can ship the clothes but it is expensive ... 3000 rupees for 2000 rupees items.. What is the best and easiest way to ship them? Which service do you use? I also need medication for family from India too.. So which service should I use? I realize due to covid getting things from India at the moment is not the best idea.. but the medication is a must and as I'm getting medication I would like to get clothes too.

2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

I depend on Garudavega Courier Services - Worldwide to get things from India but they don't combine medicines with other stuff. You have to book 2 separate parcels for clothes and medicines.

3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

My parents always send clothes via DHL. It is very quick and efficient but I don’t know what it costs.
    Medicines need proper documentation so they will need to go separately. I have received them via Indian speed post.

4. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

Out of the various services available, i find Garuda vega international couriers the best. Their rates are very reasonable and you just have to hand over the items to them. They will themselves pack in boxes according to volume/weight and charge accordingly. For medicines, and some inadmissible items you have to give proof , like the invoice, doctor's prescription etc which will be billed separately by them. For sending clothes, no issue at all.

chanchitra likes this.
  5. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Any courier services who can collect the package personally from home in bengaluru and ship it to usa?

6. happyperson

happyperson Gold IL'ite

Would Garuda send food items as well from India to US?

Thoughtful likes this.
  7. joylokhi

joylokhi Platinum IL'ite

yes, food items are also allowed - provided no liquid stuff. Even pickles are transported with proper sealing by us. @abc00 you can check their website , call them up and confirm home pick up. Not very sure, as we have been going to their nearest outlet and handing over. They have a lot of pick up centres. You can check the nearest too. Due to the covid situation, better to confirm over phone, any doubts.

Thoughtful and abc00 like this.
  8. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Yes Garuda Vega is very economical. More the weight better the prices . Now many online stores are offering world wide shipping too . I ordered recently some antique items and they got shipped from store directly and reached me in span of 4 days . They provided invoice for shipping . You can schedule pickup too . Only items prohibited are liquids , seeds and metals . You can check website for the list .

Thoughtful likes this.
  9. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Any such online store which sells Indian nightwear (nighty). cottton tops for girls and household items (dosa pans etc)
    I would like to first try ordering online instead of the courier services.

10. mangaii

mangaii Finest Post Winner

Pothys offer free shipping for order over Rs.20,000 . Chennai silks , kumaran silks all of them offer international shipping . Tawa do you want iron type or non-stick ?

Shipping & Customs Duty

the above is also good but little expensive .

Thoughtful likes this.