Meat Eating..but...what About The Animals?

Discussion in 'NonVegetarian Kitchen' started by anika987, May 7, 2021.

1. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I don’t eat meat, fish or chicken but I do consume eggs and dairy. My husband occasionally eats meat. Factory farming of meat and poultry is heinous, no matter whether it is USDA approved or not.
    We try to minimize our part by buying eggs, dairy and animal products from local growers at our farmers market and via direct home delivery from the farm. It’s not perfect and there is no way to kill an animal without suffering but they at least live in somewhat better conditions during their brief lives than a large commercial operation.

Angela123, anika987 and chanchitra like this.
  2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Anthony Bourdain, while eating Punjabi food, said that if only Vegetarian Food tasted like that in the west, he wouldn't be such a dick about his opinions on vegetarians. Source:
    Author, chef and TV personality, Anthony Bourdain is known to have a special dislike for vegans and vegetarians.
    In his book Kitchen Confidential, he wrote “Vegetarians, and their Hezbollah-like splinter faction, the vegans, are a persistent irritant to any chef worth a damn. To me, life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living. Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for, the pure enjoyment of food.”​

Angela123 and anika987 like this.
  3. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Yes, Forcing either way is not good. I know of people who are vegetarians who cook non veg for their husbands or family member, but when they see a colleague eating they make such a fuss..ridiculous behavior!
    People need to accept and respect an individuals choice and leave it at that! Period.

So True! I feel the same too.

4. Gallant

Gallant Silver IL'ite

I am pure vegetarian and avoid dairy products.

anika987 likes this.