Finest Post Nominations Of The Committee - May 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A few years ago the Oxford English Dictionary officially added the word "jugaad" in their annual update. It is listed as a noun -- a flexible approach to solve a problem, often utilizing limited resources in an innovative manner.

My second nomination is by @nemesis
    Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

I hope one day India will become known more for jugaad and less for the realities summarized in the above post.

Mistt likes this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Rihana likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It’s so good to be here!

@Cheeniya sir,
    I’ve been visiting the COVID thread frequently. I read @nemesis unbiased opinion here. It’s painful to read for sure but such is the reality we face today. I would like to add my nomination for the said post. It brings to our attention, things we need to discuss and learn from.
    The daily case counts is increasing my stress levels. When will it stabilize and start going down? I have friends my age in the hospital now with no way for me to get any updates on their situations. Praying for everyone to get out of this and also for the people at home struggling for basic healthcare.

Rihana likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I am here to post my first nomination for the month of May. It is @nandinimithun's Gratitude. Gratitude plays a prominent role in our well-being in day-to-day life. She captured the essence of why we need to be grateful in a short snippet.

iyerviji, nandinimithun and Rihana like this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I nominate @peartree's response Does Karma Really Exist In Relationships?. She gave a very practical answer how we need to keep doing what is good for our own happiness and peace without worrying about Karma is accounted for by everyone around us.

peartree and Rihana like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Your encouraging words to nominate as many posts as possible and IL management's action to open nominations for all ILites enabled me to find 3 nominations in a day. I am here to nominate @Srama's response to @anika987 Yoga Certification - Online Or In Person ?.

We all enjoyed @Srama's elevating snippets in the past but this response proved how clearly she thinks about the benefits of yoga and why physical classes are more beneficial. Having experienced learning yoga online, I vigorously agree with her suggestion to attend classes in person. Now I need to be vigilant not only to look for her snippets but also her responses to other ILites.

Srama and Rihana like this.
  7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Thank you so much Sir... Nominating my post itself is a big win for me.

Regards
    Nandini

Viswamitra likes this.
  8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the nomination @Viswamitra sir!!

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

You are too kind to me. I appreciate your words! Due to the pandemic, I am now teaching online but I am only doing
    that because I think some option is better than no option :) and I believe all of us could use a little push to keep physically busy. I am forever grateful to friends and family who join me.

That said, I cannot emphasise on what a wonderful benefit a person gets while taking in person classes - especially if one has the fortune of meeting a teacher that aligns with one's thinking. We are only taught to make adjustments using two fingesr and boy! I hav had students who would sign up for a class and do an hours yoga just for that last pose where I corect them and their week goes by. While the world is progressing with online learning, I am also learning that for some - like schools and yoga interaction with teachers is the way to go. We do need a happy society, not just a smart one no?

Thank you again sir. This motivates me to continue to contribute and I would be remiss if I donot offer my thanks to @Laks09 who nudged me to answer. It is wonderful to have friends like her who so proactively make a difference but also nudge others to make!

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I was going to nominate never knew you nominated

nandinimithun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.