1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Dish Washer Is It Really Useful

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by stayblessed, May 1, 2021.

1. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Dishwasher is lifesaver for all people who are using it regularly. Only big pots or big pans may not go but everything else come out so clean

stayblessed and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

Dishwasher is great until it isn't.

A little background: Have used dishwasher for over 15 years. I had bosch in my previous house and it was great. In my current house have a different dishwasher which broke and due to covid, not wanting to bring in someone to repair, switched to hand washing.

Pros of handwashing:
    1. Don't have to wait for an 1+ hour for the dishes to be done
    2. Dishwasher has only so much room. Need to plan accordingly. Sometimes you will find the vessel or plate or spoon is in the dishwasher cycle when you need it. Pots have to be hand washed based on the size and the room available.
    3. Its somehow less frustrating pre-scrubbing before loading the dishwasher.
    4. Its relaxing to do the dishes ( as long as we can keep it under control )
    5. Dishwasher will break down more often than other appliances in my experience.

Pros of Dishwasher
    1. Some days its easier.
    2. Dishwasher uses less water than handwashing.
    3. Great for plates and glasses.

If you are handwashing, definitely invest on a good dish-draining rack.

Do I miss my dishwasher for the past 6 months since it has broke down? The answer is, not much.

3. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

I saw Voltas brand having good reviews.table top model and close to 30000 inr.Good if there is only 2-3 people..

4. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

Thanks so much for the detailed reply.. Yes, dishwasher is a boon ! You mentioned about the aluminum cooker too.. And it was loaded on the top rack? I am curious because once I put my aluminium cake pan on the top rack and it came out dark and dull !

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Madam sister if u hv no reservation, please state the brand in which u had this exp.
    2. @stayblessed
    Many have preconceivednotions about the effective cleaning DONE by DW ESPECIALLY for households preparing South Indian meal and tiffen.
    3. Reading this thread, it will not be a surprise if some members would decide to have and ready to do visit Bosch showroom right away with bucketful unwashed dishes since last night.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    stayblessed likes this.
  6. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

The baby sounds in the video of post #8 was quite enjoyable.
    It shows why a family needs a dishwasher.
    You can save the time, and spend it with the baby.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

The aluminum cooker I only took it for demo to have an understanding how it works... It did come out clean but there were scales formation.. Aluminum is not dw friendly.. So I generally don't put..

My future purchases are going to be DW friendly.. :)

@Rihana : :grinning: thanks to my friend who said such an option she's heard of and we should call up the showroom and check with them..
    To test the dryer we did take clothes on the same day. Well not the unwashed ones but different kinds like thin ones and thick towels . Cotton n other materials which were washed at home.. :grinning: somehow wasn't convinced(with the time it took to give a cup board dry cloth but was extremely happy with the product- the technology used etc) so didn't go ahead n book .. However a Cup board finish dryer is in my bucket list and have made
    provision for it while getting the interior work done. I wasn't pestering my husband to book it, we were was taking one electronic item at a time.But a friend moving to Australia said she us willing to give me her dryer by May and I could use it . With current Covid situation her Chances of moving to Australia looks bleak in may. However I'm under no pressure.:grinning:For now have extra cloth stand purchased to dry this lil angel's countless chaddis n langots

8. Thoughtful

Thoughtful Gold IL'ite

I do the dishes everyday and you made me a woman?

The two I had were Geico. I don't know the ones which my friends had.

9. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I’ve had the Bosch one in India. I found it extremely useful. I got the one with the adjustable racks so big vessels fit but I generally wash cookers etc by hand. As it is, a full load of pots and pans, mixie jar, plates and cups etc are always in the dw.
    I have a Bosch here too. This one is also no noise. It’s a good one.
    I always rinse dishes before loading it. If I don’t, after a wash, I can sometimes find some debris at the bottom of the dw and it’s a pain to remove.
    Like anything, it’s a matter of getting used to it. Initially you may find it annoying to rinse and load but then if you do it as you go, it’s easy to keep the sink clean. Some people prefer washing by hand though. I don’t like doing dishes at all and the dw is a boon!

10. Tubinbataye

Tubinbataye Gold IL'ite

I was exploring on the option of buying one for my own use. I wanteched a lot of youtube videos,reviews,demos store visits and what not! I did a self analysis, whether i really need one or no! Then I honestly I felt I cant dont need one (lol). One can ask me if am using a washing machine why not a dishwasher? I dont rinse those used clothes before loading my machine:)D)
    I figured washing utensils as one of the stress buster(trust me)
    Mine is a small family of 2 members(me and my kids)
    Washed utensils directly goes into cabins(after wiping immediately, I dont like having utensils in the sink or in the counter)
    I dont procrastinate washing utensils,I dont wait for the sink to overflow with utensils to start washing them.
    Kids are practiced to wash their own plates/cutlery whatever is used during meal time.

Bingo!! I saved,30k+,additional electricity bill, service/repair charges, suitable expensive powder/liquid dishwasher.