1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Why I Say "no" To Corona Vaccine

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, May 2, 2021.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I like this vitriolic humour and at the same time pointer! I remember late CHO.

2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Campbell video in #48 is quite interesting in the discussion about injection techniques. The need to aspirate ( stick the needle into the patient, and withdraw the syringe plunger back to see if there is blood coming into the syringe ) is stupid when the injection site is a deltoid muscle. Apparently the Danish method recommends such a painful thing for the patient, and thank goodness that the Irish can see the stupidity of that.

For intra muscular injections (put the drug in the muscle) deltoid muscle in the shoulder-upper arm region is chosen for small dosage, and buttocks is chosen for large doses. When the subject is obese with a lot of fat in the injection regions, then a longer needle is chosen. When the injecting drug is a suspension (usually murky white) a larger bore needle is chosen, and the injections are usually more painful to the patient.

There are many diabetic in the world who inject themselves with insulin multiple times a day. Stomach (around the belly button), deltoids, and outer thighs are the usual recommended locations. These patients need to rotate their injection sites, so that they do not develop injection calluses in anyone site. Many of these patients get to be experts in choosing the correct non-fatty spot to stick their needles in, as well as wait for the drug to diffuse off the tip and into the muscle, before pulling out. Insulin needles are thin, and range from 4mm to 8mm long. Longer needles for especially large persons.
    I like this American nurse's instructions:

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What interested me in that video in #48 was the possibility of the viral genetic material being expressed by platelets in the case of improper injection, leading consequently to possible agglutination of platelets leading to clotting. A clot that dislodges and settles in the cardiac arteries or arteries of the lung could be fatal.

Here too, it is not the vaccine at fault but faulty injection which could possibly (theoretically, as of now) lead to problems.

4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Balajee,

Please read the article below:

Why those vaccinated against Covid-19 may still get infected and does it mean the vaccine failed?

The primary goal of the vaccine is to prevent disease and not the infection itself. Each immune system works differently depending on how much it is compromised by other health conditions. When you evaluate the pros and cons, please consider this as well. I completely understand your situation about not visiting the hospitals which are currently crowded with infected patients. But when the right opportunity arises, I would recommend you to take the shot. You being a person who regularly workout and your family is healthier, you must all take it as soon as you can. It is like taking a supplement for a Vitamin deficiency. You are supplementing your otherwise strong immune system to become further stronger to fight a particular disease.

satchitananda likes this.
  5. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

After watching many of the videos about Delhi, the OP's decicison to not go out of the gated community and mix it up with the hoi-polloi looks pretty rational.

It is best to venture out when the crowds at the local vaccine offering site is thin to non existent. If all the delivery boys of amazon, mybasket catch the infection, the infection mortality rate is still less than 5%. There will still be people delivering the whatever at the gate. So long as the unvaccinated in the bubble take cognizance of the fomite cleanliness, all will continue to go well.