Current Situation Of Covid-19 In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Minion, Apr 25, 2021.

1. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

I wonder how and why people are defending political party at this hour where endless number of people are dying. Is politics above the humanity ? Is power everything ? Doesn't it look like we are going to have another Nazi era . Yes even Hilter had supporters blinddddddddddd supporters.

Minion, shyamala1234 and Agathinai like this.
  2. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

The notion of aerosol transmission as the major route of Covid spread is now well established in our understanding. Loud speaking, especially the way we speak on our mobile phones. My brother (as well as I :facepalm:) speak as if we are actually trying to make our voice go directly from America to India and back. Loud speaking without a mask can get the aerosol go far.
    When humidity is lower (dry air) the aerosol stays in the air longer as well. If your balconies are not well-ventilated with a cross breeze, their upper balcony aerosol from the mobile-use behavior can possibly get down to your balcony and hang in there for you to come and breathe that in. Wear your mask in balcony.

[people with balconies in flat-mansions should think about smokers in balconies above or below, and whether or not they could smell the cigarette/beedi smoke when they are in their own balconies]

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    sandhya2020 likes this.
  3. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Emotional outbursts unless it transforms into a dialogue turns out to be nothing. Proven today in the TN election today where ADMK which covered up Pollachi sexual harassment issue is again leading in that constituency.

Why would people vote for the incumbent again? Why would people roam around the country without masks even now?

Points to the lack of any dialogue/debate. Just rabble rousing and appealing to people's emotions. Oxygen shortage in Delhi? Even the Delhi high court started to do politics with sensational (but pointless ) statements like ''we will not remain idle tolerating this'' . What stops them from inquiring what exactly led to oxygen shortage? Fix responsibility on one authority/organization, see their functioning, take them to task if that fails. But we don't do that, right?

How is a change to come in it's citizens, politicians as well as the power structures then?

'Modi is bad for the country' should be the end of such a dialogue, well reasoned out and when wide sections of the populace is convinced will lead to a change. But when people with inherent bias begin with such a conclusion, it leads to sharp polarization; factions from both the end harden their stand instead of reasonable dialogue. Go to twitter and you can see #IStandByModi as well as #ResignModi trending with blames and memes exchanged and that's about it.

India 2020 or the dream of a developed country was a hope, the same way politicians would govern better or that people would behave. When day to day happenings doesn't align with that hope then it is despair. But then one has to somehow live, hence the stance like 'it is what it is'.

Why would people stock on remdesivir and oxygen cylinders even if they aren't testing positive? Why don't we stop to help an accident victim? Because in most cases, the victim later accuses the one who stopped to help (blaming anyone to get help, ethics be damned) of causing the accident. Dog eat dog world with nobody to the rescue unless you are well connected. The people and it's politicians fit in like hand and glove.

Covid didn't cause India to crumble. Covid only highlighted the inherently weak structure that India was/is. We boasted of Mumbai coming back to normal in weeks after the terrorist attack/monsoon mayhem. Real estate in Chennai Velachery bounced back after historic 2015 flooding knowing fully well that in the next downpour, it will flood again. We have the sheer numbers. We are a population of 140 crore, several lakh deaths are nothing. Of course politicians will take credit for it, avoiding the blame for any shortfall. That is the way it was/is/will be (LOL).

WannabValerie, Laks09 and chanchitra like this.
  4. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

Support?... has any one said BJP has done a brilliant job?
    People are assuming that all those who dont want to board the hatred train are andh bhakts?...

So is BJP hating going to solve corona?

WannabValerie and chanchitra like this.
  5. pumpkin01

Well, I think we are educated enough to understand what is right what is wrong....... My point is not supporting or hating...... did I say hate anyone ? but yes I wish people should open their eyes and understand who is playing around with your emotions instead of just hoping that one day people in power will have the mercy and do the right thing be it any party....

people should start questioning instead of just living in blind hope that the politicians are going to do something. when the whole country is in need of help no one is to be found.When there is shortage of oxygen, bed etc. the common people are coming out to help each other but where are those to whom we voted to help.

I haven't come here to create a hatred I just added my view points No need to divert this thread to a different angle.

Agathinai likes this.
  6. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

You pointed out how andh bhakts dont see anything beyoned and I said all neutral people (for now)are not andh bhakts.

I dont think you got my point.

If any one is blinded here, it should be outta anit-BJP; else no one.

WannabValerie and chanchitra like this.
  7. pumpkin01

Samjha ne walon ko ishara hi kafi ha......... I understand you are intelligent.

Some people do not want to see the truth..... well it is their wish.

Agathinai likes this.
  8. sandhya2020

sandhya2020 Silver IL'ite

Then I better get tested !

Hopikrishnan likes this.
  9. Roar

Roar Gold IL'ite

With India in summer the droplets might evaporate quickly or as the air moves up.

Nevertheless, the people above you should be wearing masks in their balconies when have tested positive. Call them and ask them to.

Like you decided, please get tested.

10. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Observe symptoms for two days. If you have pulse oxymeter at home, measure the oxygen partial pressure in your finger. It should show very high 90's, like 97,98,99.
    If you go to get tested, go to a testing location outdoors, or drive-up or walkup window. Testing in closed, unventilated rooms is not at all good. Prior covid+ people would have dropped the virus sticking to their aura in that room. Such testing rooms are really bad for the medical worker swabbing your nose. It is like they are sitting in your top-balcony neighbor's balcony all the time.
    Wear cap, mask, full sleeves -- come home and wash them all.
    In a study of the aerosol droplet spread under expected environmental conditions (heat, humidity), one could see seasonal variations . Mumbai would soon be in high humidity condition of summer and people would have to prepare for covid while waiting for the monsoon. Source:COVID-19: Effects of Environmental Conditions on the Propagation of Respiratory Droplets

upload_2021-5-2_17-10-0.png

sandhya2020 and Agathinai like this.