1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Feel Entertained And Fulfilled Without Friends?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Apr 25, 2021.

1. amulya2020

amulya2020 Silver IL'ite

That’s true, glad at least got a platform like this to express such little, simple yet emotionally filling thoughts/feelings. Which we usually don’t want to share in real world that easily.

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

My college days was fun because we friends didn't have lot of pocket money, in total we used to have rupees 20 which was a huge thing.

Wearing a new dress to college, i mena everything about those days are lush green in my mind....
    I was someone who never bothered about pimples then and now, i used to love wearing sleeveless salwars, which has remained my favorite till day....

There was no fear of friends judging me back then and we all were sailing in the same boat. Alas things changed, life happened... All got married, moved to different countries....

Yes dear @anika987 would love to know you more.... A big hugs to you..... I dont know what settings i need to change, so we can communicate, will try and see that...

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

You spoke my heart:)

amulya2020 likes this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Those days were lovely!

I remember being in awe of the malls,clothes the rich girls used to wear and the charm of life generally!

even the jealously over silly things seem to be pleasant memory now:)

Backstreet Boys and other pop albums were amazing and so decent.The hindi pop albums of 90’s were awesome!miss all that..

Used to be crazy over srk and hrithik was the new craZe..

Free A/C in malls hee hee

Going to the beach hmm

Now while different story lol.

talking about the hot(?)guys lol.
    All of them looked super thin and dressing was different.Nowadays the gals and girls are looking more stronger.

So much more to
    Mention:)

Needtobestrong likes this.
  5. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Hoping the pandemic ends soon so we all can catch up with our friends and enjoy those moments again! A ladies’s day out With close buddies / BFFs much needed!
    Till then we can watch chick flicks online !

anika987 likes this.
  6. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Nice Anika..I have also had very small friend circle right from thr beginning, the ones who are true, non judgemental and be there for you when needed. I am happy with my current set and connect with them virtually

KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Fellow IL’ites probably double your age had managed “missing happiness owing to lack of like minded friends” . I wish they answer this issue.

Missing some “friends” too results in happiness for some. At certain levels missing old friends does a world ofgood for preserving happiness. A friend a bosom one might turn one’s arch enemy or distancing from old pal after getting elevation in rank. When friend gets promotion and become one’s boss, happiness evaporates. I think there are some Hollywood themes on this aspect.

In life nothing is constant including friendship and happiness. Change is constant but all changes can not guarantee happiness and entertain. Curiosity wears out and some taste bitter though initially delectably palatable.

amulya2020, anika987 and hridhaya like this.
  8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

social media could also be a cause.Movies and history talk about true friendships and we start to over expect I guess.

We see FB, instagram posting pics of happy relationships and FOMO happens:)

True..good friendship happens for some but definitely not without compromises I guess.

A mix of attitude change, less ego, tolerance, proximity is needed to maintain relationships..but how much of giving up on who u are is worth a relationship..I wonder!

For me..I do not care how the person is but as long as am comfortable being who I am with them..all good.

that way I do have one or two friends but they live on the other side of the world!

amulya2020 and Thyagarajan like this.
  9. EverydayBloom

EverydayBloom Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I can totally understand where you are coming from, when we were young like in school/college making friendships are easier but when you grow older we tend to lean towards "meaningful" friendships which happen very rarely, I am telling this with experience where I genuinely tried and got used by the opposite party!! so I decided better to be alone than chasing genuine people in this current circumstances, I do understand when you say fun/relax times with outside family where you can share common interests/gossip/crack silly jokes and such but trust me I didnt find anyone till now (12yrs since I left my hometown). Even if I find some they are all pre-conditioned relationships until they got what they want from me.

And to the point you think people posting on social media, I see that people never post sad pics/videos as they tend to project, as if they are enjoying the moment but off screen it is not exactly what we think. So, its not really what we see, but what they want to show us!! Hope this make sense.

10. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Well i am sure most of us would have thought friendship meant like dil chahta hai movie....

Thyagarajan, abc00 and anika987 like this.