1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oh God*dess

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Apr 7, 2021.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Gregoria!

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

I love your snippets with wonderful photographs accompanying them. This one is exceptional giving serenity even by looking at it. Thyagarajan Sir rightly asked for Saraswathi in the Lotus flower in that pond.

When the logical mind develops with secular education becoming stronger and stronger, we tend to look for logic in everything we were told as a child. That is natural. Your mother asked you to look at nature with a question,"Who can create something to this perfection?" Yesterday, I was reading a summary of Mandukya Upanishad and there was a logic presented about the existence that has no second and it goes as follows:

Generally, cause undergoes change and gets transformed into effect. But existence has no change, so no birth is possible from it. Non-existence is void, so nothing can emanate from it. Existence and non-existence are inconceivable together. Therefore, logically, nothing can be born or produced; cause cannot become effect.

This is to explain waking, dreaming and deep-sleep state are all happening to non-existence called body, mind and intellect ("BMI") complex and the fourth ("Turya") is the existence which undergoes no change and inconceivable from the position of non-existence. Its quality is inseparable one without the second. One to many is an illusion ("Maya") which happens in ignorance and when the profound knowledge becomes known, the existence reveals itself. The superimposing of the snake over the ordinary rope happens. Existence gets superimposed over the non-existence and the illusion appears real. When the existence is known, there is no more knower, known, or knowledge.

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the response, Vishwa. This wil take me quite some time to understand and digest. Will keep coming back to it again and again.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Even during school days, I believed in God only when exams approached. Otherwise, I never gave a damn for him/her. Though not exactly an atheist then I was getting pushed in that direction even then thanks to my mother's excessive religiosity (Thank you, mama! You made me an atheist). Increasingly I refused to accept what cannot be proved by reason, turned my back on anything that cannot be proved. Though an atheist (full-fledged) now, I am fascinated by mythology, not just Indian, but Greco-Roman, Persian and Sumerian as well.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. satchitananda

What can I say, Balajee!!! To each one their own. Fact remains that there is some power beyond us. What the nature of that power is, NOBODY knows. I am not quite sure of what it is that atheists reject - the notion of a power beyond us or the notion of A God with whatever form attributed to him/her.

6. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

In schools lessons first exams later:
    In Life Exams first & Lessons Later.

satchitananda likes this.