1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cooku With Comali

Discussion in 'TV' started by balakrish, Jan 10, 2021.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

I agree with all of you. Ashwin should have been the first runner up. I guess in the marking scheme itself they have considerably given more points for taste and very less for innovation. That's why shakeela got lucky. But it's been the pattern this whole season. So I feel ashwin and master should have taken the cue. They should have given a mix of easy comfortable ones which they are confident on and one innovative dish. That way they would have topped the list. Sometimes more than what we are capable of we must see what the judges expect from us. Wrong as it may seem but in a contest where we can't question the judges on their marking scheme it's better to be a little smart and read the pulse and act accordingly. If you see even chef dhamu would have told shakeela in the episode that still she hasn't come out of her comfort zone. But still they gave her more marks. But I also feel the marking scheme itself is wrong and ashwin and master deserved better.

2. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

And 50 pages in the thread:cheer:

balakrish and varhem like this.
  3. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Missed the last few weeks here. Read some really good posts.

Thanks very much @stayblessed for calling out the spoilers and tagging me. I found your post before reading the threads and was able to enjoy the surprise of the witnessing them during the show. Was delighted to see the picks for the finals unfolding.

Really happy that Kani won. Everyone came out of the show with rich laurels which they deserved.

Glad Mani was back for one last time even though she was not 100%.

I will go back and read the threads from where I stopped reading.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    stayblessed likes this.
  4. balakrish

Very True. Rakshan has been amazing!!

Somehow I saw this post and not the others. So, absconded from this thread. Thanks for this!!! :worship2:

I think cooking consistently is really important. In the end, this is what probably hurt master and ashwin ( also pavi to an extent ). We cannot guarantee the taste. I think Kani and Shakeela spend a lot more time in the kitchen than the others.

stayblessed likes this.
  5. balakrish

This is truly the best post I have read in the forum. Thanks so much for taking the time and writing it.

Nice complimentary post to @stayblessed 's post.

stayblessed likes this.
  6. balakrish

This is a tricky thing. While Ashwin should have thanked Shivangi along with Bala, he should make the difference shown as well and thank Bala at a higher level.

I thought Kani did it really well. Even though she thanked both Pugaz and Sharath, She kept Pugaz at a high pedestal without hurting Sharath.

Shivangi is a little playful. In the finals when paired with Kani, she was missing at some odd times. Pugaz knows when to work and when to create content. Shivangi will be missing from the station for fun when she should be working. She should have been by the cycle pedaling, as thats not the time you can go missing. You go missing only when the cook is the only one tasked with the job.

stayblessed likes this.
  7. balakrish

Nice observation

stayblessed likes this.
  8. balakrish

Nice write up. I think the Ashwin-Shivangi fans have troubled Sunitha too much that she kept away from Ashwin in the final episodes, which is a shame.

But the team found another way to make her shine, asking her to sing, even in front of AR Rahman. Kudos to the team for making her feel like she belonged here.

Lucky her for winning the 1 Lakh. I am not sure how I feel about ONLY her and Pugaz winning one lakh each. Other Comalis are should have got some prize.

But it was truly overwhelming on the other gifts eveyone got. Nicely done!!

stayblessed likes this.
  9. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

First of all Apologies for late post

What an episode!!!

A big salute to the entire team for keeping all of us entertained for the last 4 months !I eagerly looked forward to the promos every Wednesday and for the episodes on Saturday!

Personally I have never got addicted to any tamil show like this

The finale episode was just perfect..well crafted

Kani truly deserves the title. It's just not the cooking, it's her attitude that makes her the winner . She was with the least score in round 1 and bounced back like lioness in the main cooking round. yes as someone mentioned in the previous post, she has practiced her dishes very well and the same reflects in the presentation. Cherry on the top was she totally came out of the comfort zone and tried innovative dishes this time.

Further she always vibrated positivity and even when taunted multiple times by Master and Co , she played the game very diplomatically and with a healthy spirit

Shakeela: Sorry !she doesn't deserve to be the second position. She refused to come out of the comfort zone even in the finale. I cannot believe Biriyani ( Whats the magic there) and Aloo curry(as VB said it cannot go wrong) won the second place. Overall she got an image makeover which is very nice. As a woman feel very happy that she is being respected now

Ashwin: Man , every single episode the respect I have on this guy increases . Time and again he keeps experimenting and doesn't play a safe game. I really like the fact that he is sticking to his principles (experimenting) and doesn't change it for winning the show.Yes winning the show was never in his priority list. He has almost achieved what he intended to achieve and signed films! great going!

And after seeing his urugi urugi post in IM and recent interviews I have to say this..He has fallen for this girl

Pavi: Pavi was very charming. She did what she could do as her best. Again winning was not in her priority list. She signed up films and is already being talked about in Insta. What more she wants. Yes , I agree with Simbu that she managed Pugal and his tantrums quiet well.

Master: master was definitely not his best . After the first round disaster he lost confidence.

Coming to comalis, Shivangi dint seem to be of much help to Kani in the first cooking task. ofcourse she gave the required content needed for this show. I am stunned by her voice. The keech keech voice just vanishes while singing and its pure bliss listening to it. Asku maaro song had a different husky voice. I am awed about how she has multi voices and she uses the same for her advantage.The way she expressed her happiness when Rahman complimented , showed her innocence..It was nice to see finally Ashwin acknowledging & thanking her.

I loved the piece when Mugen Rao became Mugen Rao anna :p :p

Pugal is maturing to be a seasoned actor. He did his acting piece very well especially in the part when he tried to save pavi from Master(for switching the ingridient). I am surprised Pugal dint win advantage task considering his history.
    Bala somehow was not at his best at work. Ashwin dint look happy with the support extended by Bala. However his counters were vera level.

Glad to see Mani back if not in her best version.

Sunita did her best to both Shakeela and Kani. Sarath, Shakthi all did their best whatever they could

Simbu was amazing, Its nice to see him transformed both physically and mentally.I was surprised Rahman enquiring Kani about Kara kuzhambu. Has he followed the show so much?

All other guests added the required content to the show

. This season has set such a high bar and I already pity the season 3 folks. They have such huge shoes to fit in.

Overall it was nice connecting with you all on this show

See you all in Season 3 !! Bye

anika987, chanchitra, meepre and 2 others like this.
  10. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I finally caught up on the 4 hour episode and finished watching it.
    It got all sentimental towards the end. It was a great show , that turned out awesome , totally unexpected.
    Now I'm worried about S-4. They will intentionally try to make it funny and overdo their drama.