arranging tour packages to india

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by shakila, Sep 27, 2005.

1. shakila

shakila Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My husband works for a large firm here in the US and we often go to evening or weekend get togethers with his colleagues. During those get togethers, several Americans have asked me about their interest in traveling to India. They ask me about reliable travel companies in India that will build customized travel packages for them at reasonable rates. Surprisingly, I don't know of a travel company in India that I can recommend for them.

I was wondering if this is an idea on which we can start a business. A couple of ladies here in the US can actively look for Americans who want to travel to India. A couple of ladies in India can actually build a customized tour for them (by linking with various travel agents in different cities) and be their single point contact for their whole Indian visit.

I can elaborate more if needed. But, at first glance, do you ladies think that this idea has any legs?

2. sonal

sonal Junior IL'ite

Our trip to Russia!

Myself and my husband recently went to Russia for a 2-week vacation. Because the country is so new and the language is different, we took the help of a English-speaking Russian travel agent to arrange our trip. This agent was recommended by a Russian colleague of my husband.

This agent did all the work for our travel. Even though he has his office in only one city, he has tie-ups with travel agents on every major tourist city. In every city, a travel agent will come and pick us up in the airport, be our tour guide (optional) for our whole stay in that city and then drop us at the airport. The next agent will pick us up in the next city.

I thought that it was a hassle free way to travel in a complex country. Thinking about that experience, I believe your idea would work great in India IF the business is done with passion, commitment and customer service in mind!

3. bshilpap

bshilpap New IL'ite

Seems it will Work

Hi Shakila,
    Myself Shilpa from Mumbai. Thinking about your idea, I seem it will work if we play our role all neatly and seriously.

Plz. private message me. Okay?

Regards & Thanks
    shilpa

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2005
  4. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

hi shakila

hi shakila

i went through ur post today only.ur idea seems to b very gud.have u started this or not?presently i m in USA but soon i have to go back to india.moreover my fmly is there n they r also looking for some type of business like this.
    i m very interested in it.plz PM to me if u r doing this business or still want to start wd this.
    thanx
    sonia

5. rema

rema New IL'ite

Sarathi Tours & Travels _ Mumbai

Hai ! This is Rema From Mumbai- India , we are in Travel Buisness & we arrange Inbound & outbound tours. Our Skype id Is Sarathi Tours and Travels & our Email id is sarathitoursntrvels@ yahoo.com. Regards , Rema.

My husband works for a large firm here in the US and we often go to evening or weekend get togethers with his colleagues. During those get togethers, several Americans have asked me about their interest in traveling to India. They ask me about reliable travel companies in India that will build customized travel packages for them at reasonable rates. Surprisingly, I don't know of a travel company in India that I can recommend for them.

I was wondering if this is an idea on which we can start a business. A couple of ladies here in the US can actively look for Americans who want to travel to India. A couple of ladies in India can actually build a customized tour for them (by linking with various travel agents in different cities) and be their single point contact for their whole Indian visit.

I can elaborate more if needed. But, at first glance, do you ladies think that this idea has any legs?[/quote]

6. rema

rema New IL'ite

7. AUDSEN

AUDSEN New IL'ite

Hi Shakila,

This seems to be a very good idea. I basically love travelling a lot and explore new places. I am working in B'lore. I have lot of contacts with south indian travel agencies, If you are interested we can really arrange superb tour package at reasonable rate. If this project clicks it would be really great.

8. kavitasg

kavitasg New IL'ite

hi ,iam kavita gonsalves from goa india an dthink I coul dbe your link here in india .No i dont own anytravel agecy ,but i could get deals at comfortable rates and arrang efor all the extras from here an dyou could pay me for it .I need a job an d afriend ,and this sounds just right to me please lets go ahead with it Thankyou.I have done apgdiploma in health and nutrition an dwork parttime with hdfcsl bank as a financial consultant

9. lalithavennkat

lalithavennkat Silver IL'ite

Hi IL,

We (My husband and myself) are in the line for a quite some years. If you are really serious we can arrange complete South Indian tours whether it is a philgrimage, Hill stations and picnic spot in a very
    good manner. If interested please PM.

10. kavitasg

kavitasg New IL'ite

HI ,I HAD POSTED A REPLY TO YOUR TOPIC AND AM STILL LOOKING OUT FOR AN ANSWER i LIVE IN GOA AND THIS BEING A HOT TRAVEL DESTINATION ,IT WOULD BE IDEAL TO PUT IN SOME HARD WORK AND SET THIS IDEA INTO MOTION .AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ANSWER AS THE TOURIST SEASON HAS JUST KICKED IN .THANKYOU