100 Days of Positivity

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Yesterday it rained a bit here. So atmosphere was very nice to go out. Me n Dh went outside on a bike, did some sofa cover shopping, watched sunset after longgg time, had dinner at new restaurant after ages, spent whole evening chatting on almost any topic. Positivity ka overdose ho gaya.

Gauri03, Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Within week of joining the MLM team under a leader couple, I sold products of home needs and made nett profit of 3% on my first leg of the investment.

Complimenting this, the leader wrote enthusiastically on the fly leaf of hand size edition of a quotation book which she presented to me.

This book was misplaced. Though small in size, yet it was sentimental. In a maze of books, today I retrieved this - nearly after twenty years - is a great positive for me for the day.

Here is the image of booklet outside wrapper

upload_2021-3-22_23-25-39.jpeg

Down below - the image of her wishes

upload_2021-3-22_23-28-0.jpeg

The persons signed the notes are my younger BIL & his better-half.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    Gauri03, Rihana and Anusha2917 like this.
  3. Thyagarajan

:hello:A serious series of click of LIKES at #4030 to 4032 at Brahma mhurtham ie around 4.15 to 4.30AM IST today (23 rd March 2021) is also considered a huge positive and so also the corresponding ALERTS seen this morning.

Wish the baby and family a great day.
    Thanks and Regards.

Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

You are the most amazing woman I have met.
    Most? As in somewhere in the top percentile, how much, what rank.
    What was that?
    Wait, you said 'amazing' or 'amusing'. Or you meant amusing but confused it with amazing. I need figures and identifiers to evaluate the legitimacy of your claim.
    Sometimes, I wonder what I am doing with you ..
    Because I am like a maze to amuse you! You see what I did there! You see you see!
    You are crazy idiotic and sweetly cute.
    Mark my percentile on a tattoo.

(Little things about life)

5. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

My workplace brunch is really fantastic thing. We as colleagues know each other for almost 10+ years. We have seen each other in all up down and almost all phases. We literally keep aside food to bring to tiffin for next day. Today got a seperate tiffin of my fav sabji from coworker. It felt so motherly and nice. We now know each others food habits so well. I always feel blessed to have them in my life. May god give such pure friendships to all.

6. Thyagarajan

:hello:Sharing lunch-hour with colleagues from their box always leaves one with immense satisfaction as it offers great opportunity to sample and taste huge varieties of dishes some of which could be our favourites.

The executives lunch room gets replenished with wide varieties of aroma emanating from simultaneously their dabbas lid opened. Invigorating indeed and that aroma serves as starters and may lead one to voracious appetite.

Sitting in my chamber, I opened my Dhabha in great hurry and the standard bright four tier SS tiffen career from inside . The top tire lid opened and there was a letter written in Marathi. I called a senior lady staff to read it for me. As She read it to herself in silence, I watched her face turning into broad smile.

With coyness, she said “spouse has written with opening sentence full of sweet nothings and instructed you on your way home to collect her stitched blouse from Taylor and also buy tomato and other vegetables”.

She went away but then I thought for a while in surprise. It occurred to me that this world famous internationally acclaimed Bombay Dabba Wala had delivered instead of mine - a dabba from a young wife. There is no way to get back to the delivery man as he would return to collect empty only after few hours.

Was in two minds.

But eventually, ate only vegetarian items from the delivered dabba and wrote a small note on the back of that Marathi chit - “thanks. I am Veg. Food with that jilebi & peeled orange, delicious. I relished. Fish I didn’t touch. God bless”.
    It was all positive for me then!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    shyamala1234, Anusha2917 and Gauri03 like this.
  7. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Rearranged my book shelf, kept some more books and started to read a new novel...
    Had a wonderful family time for varsha pirappu, home cooked food.

Gauri03, Anusha2917 and Thyagarajan like this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Our feast part taken care by our daughter & her in laws while at my place spouse & I did pooja after decorating the idols of vinayakar, Aaru Murugan, kamakshi, saradambal, babaji hayakreevar laksmi et al.
    An unexpected visitor arrived and stayed for over 6 hours. Despite indication of our reluctance, he remained stay put. We could not call him to lunch with us in sambandhis place downstairs.
    Ultimately evening we found the visitor left the place avoiding the rat trap.
    Thanks and regards.

nandinimithun, Gauri03 and Anusha2917 like this.
  9. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

What started as a distant din has turned into mind numbing clamor. I remember refreshing the data tracker a few times a day in the beginning, watching the counts rise with a clinical detachment. The past year turned those numbers into lived experience. The disease crept insidiously from friends of friends to old neighbors, then distant loved ones, and eventually arrived home. 3 AM phone calls, last minute flights to India, hospital bed FaceTime conversations — it took over our lives. There were many sleepless nights but things turned around. As sad as it is, I am thankful we went through our ordeal before the surge. I shudder to think of the outcome had it been under current conditions.

I am grateful for boring old competence being back in the White House. I am grateful for being vaccinated. I am grateful that those without whom my life would be unbearable are either safe or safely recovered.

In the last few weeks I’ve paid condolences that I had hoped wouldn’t be needed until much later. I pray that if there are any powers that govern this universe they turn a benevolent eye towards my motherland. And I hope her people remember this betrayal the next time they find themselves by a ballot box.

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Reminds me of the film Lunch box!
    Syamala

Thyagarajan likes this.