1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Shocked N Confused

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by paru123, Mar 7, 2021.

1. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Yes, I too thought he would be uneducated n so not understanding.

2. paru123

paru123 Gold IL'ite

Well I can understand if this happens in any of the southern states or if the salesman was a South Indian. He was a Assamese n he was not calling any othe other ladies Amma. The kurtis that he was showing me were also very boring dull type.

Henceforth, I will follow previous posters advice n call such people uncle or aunty in return. Thank God , I was not accompanied by anyone known, else itwould be the joke for all to laugh.

3. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@paru123 there is no way to know what that person had in mind when he addressed you as ‘Amma’. May be he learnt it from someone that it is a respectable way of addressing. you should not stop visiting that shop because of this. Personally I didn’t find anything wrong in that way of addressing. When me and my sister were teenagers and went for shopping with my mom, all the Salesmen address my mom as ‘Amma’ even 60 years olds. As the other poster told, just tell politely and firmly to address you as madam next time. Don’t waste your time and energy too much thinking about it.

Needtobestrong likes this.