Dishes For Skin Health/ Stamina Build Up

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by nayidulhan, Jan 12, 2021.

1. nayidulhan

nayidulhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I had once heard that there are dishes in Indian cuisine that help to restore the body's balance. Dishes that get back health and stamina. Also, dishes to restore skin health- if skin is too dry then to make it supple, glowing and healthy. Could someone please guide me with this.

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Don't know about dishes but I can suggest some foods that can help the skin maintain the balance and glow:

- Lots of water
    - fruits and fruit juices (oranges, papaya, berries and all the rest). A bowl of mixed fruits daily at dinner has great results in short time.
    - Tomatoes in any form in daily diet .. raw, curry, direct application on skin ..
    - Raw vegetables
    - Red Wine

Not just eating stuff, you also need to cut certain foods from diet like too much fatty foods, oily/fried foods, caffeine etc.,

What you apply, (I mean the moisturisers, creams et.,) daily to skin also does matter and plays a significant role in how your skin looks and feels.

Trusted home remedy since ages for glowing skin is “besan” with curd/milk scrubbed or just applied as face mask and washed off.

radv likes this.
  3. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

You mean Recipes, right?

Vitamin C - Amla, Guava, local oranges and lemon
    Vitamin B - chilke wali dal (dals with skin), millets, vegetables, fruits
    Vitamin D - sunlight
    Cleansing - haldi, ginger
    Ayurvedic Cooling - buttermilk, plain rice kanji, milk, kichdi
    Ayurvedic Heat - ginger, garlic, turmeric, pepper, rasam
    Vitamin A - colorful vegetables - carrot, papaya, pumpkin
    Fat soluble Vitamins require fats - so do have healthy fats - wood pressed filtered oils and ghee

For dry skin/ dry hair - unboiled milk works wonders - mix any pack (papaya works for dryness) - papaya, banana, red sandalwood, neem, etc - with cold unboiled milk - and feel the soft supple health of your skin.

Normal packs like ubtan (or bath powders) will make skin dry with water - try with milk or curd

Aloe vera with all its healing benefits - makes skin/ hair dry - so always use it along with milk or curd or coconut oil

vidhyalakshmid and Anisu like this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

For health and stamina - most elderly people swear by gud-channa, peanut chikki, udad dal laddoo, dry fruit laddoo, etc. Especially til, gond laddoo for winters
    I would reduce refined sugar and make them at home with palm sugar or dates or I would just skip the sugar and have only the channa/sprouts/peanut/til etc with a dash of lime and green chillis

5. shahpriti

shahpriti New IL'ite

Amazing Health Benefits Of The Humble Guava

Guava is known as a powerhouse of nutrients. It is rich in Vitamin C, Lycopene and Vitamin A which are beneficial for your skin. It also contains antioxidants, potassium and fiber which are beneficial for your health.

Here are a few amazing benefits of guava for health and skin:
    Boosts Immunity
    Boosts Heart Health
    Prevents Diabetes
    Good for Pregnant Women
    Benefits The Digestive System
    Improves Eyesight

Guava is also rich in manganese which helps the body to absorb other important nutrients from the food we eat. It contains about 80% water which keeps your skin hydrated.

6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ghee
    Right oils with balance
    Good fats like nuts are all awesome for skin
    Are important
    our Indian dishes homemade are most healthy rather than outside food

7. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Mint is very good for skin. Especially in winter, it gives heat. Mint can be made as chutney, mint rice and also used in salads. Mint will help for glowing skin and helps in digestion.