1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Salt Vs Rice

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by iyerviji, Feb 25, 2021.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very Beautifully written, can’t stop sharing

Salt -VS- Rice...

If you were to cook 3 cups of rice, would you add 3 cups of salt to it. Certainly not! So, in every preparation of rice, the rice always outnumbers the salt, yet little salt makes a huge impact/ difference in the overall outcome.

In the room in which you currently are, look up at the ceiling. What is the size of the bulb compared to the size of the room? It is probably a ratio of 1:5000. Yet, darkness flees the entire space once the small bulb is flipped on. If I am the salt of the earth, and the light of the world, then "little me" has the ability to make big things happen.

Sometimes, because we feel out-numbered or overwhelmed at the sheer magnitude of evil or wrong-doers, we then choose powerlessness and decide to go with the flow, not standing up for what we believe is right. Little doesn't mean insignificant, you are significant. Your presence should make a BIG difference.

Stop waiting to be on the side of the majority. They may be the majority, but they are the trivial majority, and you are the impactful minority. They are the rice of the world, and you are the salt of the world. They are the room and you are the light. Make your influence felt!

*Remember:*

*You are the world's seasoning to make it beautiful. So if we can just do the right seasoning to make even one life beautiful our life is worth living. Have a blessed day. Onwards and Upwards! Be the salt in someone's life today*

2. pinkydarling

pinkydarling Platinum IL'ite

Super.... Nice

Excellent.....

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    iyerviji likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A pastor has quoted this from Facebook sometime in 2018 and then it has made vigorous rounds in media.

Now nearly after two years, I notice this nice write up here, which is worthwhile recalling thanks to @iyerviji aka Vijima to her huge followers around the globe.

God bless her with more robust productive years.

Being in minority need not be a grouse for ever if one can shake of that habit of thinking “ I am no body - I am a small fry- I am in minority- I can’t bring to bear upon” . With “closed thinking” one tend to foreclose the doors of making a profound impact, that can create significant positive and even negative changes. There are numerous examples in history of men & women began insignificantly but eventually caused a deep mark or dint in society.

Thanks and Regards.

iyerviji and messedup like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: The title “SALT VS RICE “ reminds me of a joke.
    A DIL was listening to MIL, who told her to keep one glass of rice and three glass of water for lunch. A while later, concerned about readiness of rice for lunch, MIL peeped into kitchen as DIL was logging into IL website.

MIL opened the lid and shocked with what saw in it.

The pressure cooker contained four glass tumblers of which three with water and one filled with rice to brim.

Thanks and Regards.

iyerviji, messedup and SCA like this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wow! Beautiful read..today I have been obsessing over something where I felt I was one of those minority in this world where many belong to the majority.

Happened to read this thread..felt like god send in the time of need.

Thank you so much :)

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Remembered Dalai Lama`s quote - If you feel insignificant, try to sleep with a small mosquito and realise the truth. Nice share!

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Glad you liked the post

pinkydarling and anika987 like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Tha nks