1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

What Movie did you Watch Today????????

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Victoryman, Jan 4, 2009.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

That’s what we have been using from few years.. They have almost every new movie. Membership is not mandatory but you have to bear with the ads.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Watched Crime thriller Drishyam 2. My main concentration was on following subtitles to stick with continuity of the movie. Unexpected twists in the story made me glued to movie. Movie showed How guilt and fear can override one’s life and I really liked the character of Georgekutty (played by Mohanlal) who can do anything to protect his family.
    Liked the cinematography that visualized the beauty of Kerala and kudos to the entire crew.

3. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Drishyam 2 .Last year I was watching with subtitles, now I don`t need it for malayalam movies.
    Drishyam 1 gave more goosebumps than 2. But Drishyam 2 is also well picturised, kudos to Jeetu Joseph.

Rihana, gknew and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:one was Papanasam in Tamil was fantastic. Is d2 a sequel to one or is it totally a different story?
    Thanks & Regards

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  5. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@Thyagarajan D2 is sequel to drishyam so watch the first part before d2

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Drishyam malayalam original was retaken in many languages. I was not impressed with Papanasam because I have watched the original drishyam first with awe struck. Drishyam 2 is also too good ! It is the sequel ofcourse.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

General random question - the mom in the movie (Drishyam 2), played by Meena (name in the movie is Rani) - how come she is always in a freshly starched, crisply ironed cotton saree with all pleats in perfect symmetry and layering, and the saree grazing the ground with no toes peeping out? Any time of the day or night, inside the house or out, cooking, cleaning, cowering in terror ... she looks trim like a working woman who's just gotten ready to set out for work early in the morning.

I watched Drishyam 1 in Hindi only (big regret). In that also, Shriya Saran is always attired in a perfectly draped saree and deeep back blouse.

Surprising to see them in the perfect saree as all the other characters are so natural in their dressing (costume?).

Thyagarajan and vidhyalakshmid like this.
  8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Meena was one of top actresses in her first inning and obviously she has huge fan base. She preferred to decent look even though playing home maker role (de glam) in the movie. Director/costume designer also consider any actor or actress fans when framing their role.

Thyagarajan, Rihana and Lalithambigai like this.
  9. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Hope you don't mind some humor here. When I read this post I remembered one old TV ad of 2 ladies where one of them say - bhala uski saree meri saree se safed kaise ? (Trans: How's her saree more whiter than mine) Your questioning in innocent tone reminded me of that. Well, I don't know how Meena is so perfect in that movie always but a hi5 to you for being a nitty-gritty detailed watcher as me :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: percipient and sharp. Way to watch and relish .
    Thanks and Regards.