1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

chronic acid reflux

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by Shally22, Jun 20, 2013.

1. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

The fibre free diet(#19), [suggested by ayurvedic doctor (MD, prof: in govt ayurvedic college)], I mentioned was for IBD not acid reflux . So it may not work for you. I mentioned it just tp give you the effort we need. As I dont eat meat,my option was only rice, fish and egg, minimum spices, i used green gram. Used lot of supplements. I used to take my home made food wherever I go. To be honest, it was tough.

As I said in my previous post(#15) I had acid reflux, but completely stopping milk and diary products following the instruction of gastroendrologist( head of the dept, medical college) really helped me. Follow instructions of your doctor and see how it's going. In your case, have a fixed schedule for eating foods. Stick with that. Avoid all acidic foods and you can try recipes with the rest. Drink lot of water and do some relaxing exercises to reduce stress.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. priyanka123456

priyanka123456 Senior IL'ite

Ok....i see my gastro docotr but they dint tell anythng about diet..they just give pan it tablet..

3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

I took medicines too. May be consulting a trained ayurvedic doctor or dietitian may help you.
    Now I eat all types of cooked foods, but avoid diary, gluten, processed or raw foods as much as I can. My IBD don't have any cure, so I have to manage it.
    Create a food diary and write down everything you eat and observe its effects. I noticed even banana create issue for me. So by trial and error you will find out foods that work for you.

Take care.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Priyanka,

I had the same problem. I am diabetic. My doctor told me to make a list of things that I am eating and eliminate the ones causing the problem. I stopped diary products completely.
    Now I am alright. But still watch my diet.
    Regards
    Uma

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Instead of toffees, I prefer Narthangai. One can get unsalted and without addition of chilli powder. Ambica brand popular one at chennai Pondy bazaar and near Mylapore temple . Online possible to get.
    For touch with buttermilk bath, I always use narthangai salted pieces. Keeping this handy on dinning table along with salt & pepper sprinkler.
    My acid reflex disappeared . Habit of Drinking glass of water is very good to begin the morning.
    Whatever favourite try consume less and leave space enough for the gases to spread easily and get dissolved in stomach itself.
    Ramalingam Swamigal said
    Be hungry for a while, be in isolation for a while.