1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Periods Discussion

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by EagerForInfo, Feb 17, 2021.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Which pill finally worked?

2. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes I did go for initial checkups ... but didn't go for more tests after lockdown started.. Hesitating to go ..

3. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

My question is sleeping sideways was my all time solution for ages. But now it is not working.. just baffled about how I was able to make it work before.. Funny how we go through life without thinking about what we're doing then one day you wonder how you did that.. If i can make it work it will help me out till I find a solution to the underlying issue.

4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

I suggest you check Adira period panties - they are very long lasting - 1 set can last you 3-4 years, almost no stains, comfortable, stress free nights, toss and turn and jump ! This is to be used along with normal disposable pads.
    Boxer ones work better than bikini style.
    Buy tight ones! So be careful about the size you buy.

Menstrual cups are really really really good. You will forget that your period is going on!!! Absolutely no smell during periods!
    Seriously, I have not used pads in a long time - even on heaviest days - no trash at all!

Check Stonesoup, the founder Smita says - cups are trash free, rash free and almost cash free! They have a whatsapp support group too for any queries!
    Many people on the fence about cups lurk around in the whatsapp support groups and slowly get converted! Once converted, they become vocal marketers themselves!

Maximum for backup you could use a liner (that also - cloth types are available), so you could have comfortable periods without even using a pad.... Liners from bumpadum are soft and comfortable, easy to wash, no stain !

This "everything from home - no travel" time is the best time to try out the new products!

Keep smiling
    HR

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  5. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Prescription by doctor. Even though its covid time, you can consult doctor if this issue is severe. I have visited my doctor for my routine checkups. They are very careful. Your family doctor can also help you with this.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  6. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

I'm making myself confused.. Ive never had a leak even with extremely heavy periods.. but now last time the flow was light but still bed was a mess when sleepying sideways.. I'm overanalyzing everythign related to periods and now I don't understand "how" to sleep during periods anymore.. trying to figure how how I managed all these years.. I have 2 kids by the way.. don't know how I "forgot" how to sleep. I have always slept in sideway position but now I can't make it work..! Please give your tips too before next month when I will start freaking out..

7. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Op

Did you check for fibroids? You should keep extra towels folded or bedsheets folded under your body before sleeping.

you should start drinking celery juice every morning. It will help you lot with your periods problems and many other issues. It has helped me tremendously. Buy organic celery, wash, chop, grind. every morning first thing on empty stomach drink around 16 ounce whole juice with fiber. In few days you will feel better. For more information google medical medium fibroids or medical medium celery juice.

EagerForInfo likes this.
  8. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes these are the pads I use. Even then I need a change every 3 hours. My gynecologist gave me birth control pills. A life saver till I can get to the bottom of the cause and solution. But even then I’m having this dripping problem when sleeping sideways. I’m baffled how I managed with such heavy periods. Can anyone give advice. I am still habituated the always overnight pads. They are huge but even then I have dripping to the sides. What did I miss or forget during my investigation of this issue ? I’ve managed to never have a leak inspite of such heavy periods now even after using 2 underwear one menstural underwear and lighter periods due to birth control I had a leak due to dripping. Not able to sleep now as in sideway position having this issue. Just want to get this resolved if unexpectedly I need to stop birth control i need to get it resolved. Underwear also I’ve bought boys underwear which is wide enough for these always underwear pads ( using this technique for 5 years successfully ) now this twist. ? Sigh.

9. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Yes I bought menstrual underwear with ur advice too thank you !! But that too if it is. It touching skin having dripping to side problem While sleeping especially in side it does not touch skin.

10. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Have you tried tampons with period underwear? Might help resolve the issue with leaking.