Finest Post Nomination Of The Committee - February 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Feb 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

iyerviji likes this.
  2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    Dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of the response of @winterhue in the thread How Can I Feel Genuinely Happy For Others' Happy News?
    What struck me in this post is the honesty and sincerity. Winterhue is not holding an olive branch but is very sincere about what she says. That makes her response commendable.
    The OP herself may not be expecting any solution for her psychological problem. It is in this context that the assurance of Winterhue will go a long way!
    Sri

winterhue and iyerviji like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your second nomination of How I Over Came My Tough Family Situation... by @traveldream
    That statement of OP is generous. It is this kind of sharing that makes IL what it is!
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your third nomination of Tenured During Pandemic! by @nuss
    We have all seen how this dreadful pandemic has affected different people differently. Yet this is the first time I come across a joyous news failing to cheer a person as her mind is burdened by many who keep struggling during this period.
    That touches my heart..
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your fourth nomination of @Penelope 's response to the thread How Much Of Quality Time Do You Spend With Your Spouse?
    Spending quality time with the spouse is the major issue in these troubled days. Hearts get heavier with the perceived notion of indifference. And I like this title:
    If this book has caused such a glow on the face, it must be on bestsellers list!
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for your fifth nomination of the response to the thread A Luxury Or Invention You Wish Your Parents Had? by @anika987
    Being a person of those good old days, I can relate to anika's statement:
    I remember that when the TV hit us first, how anxiously we would wait for the start of the TV programme at 6 pm with the signature tune of Doordarshan!
    Sri

anika987 and iyerviji like this.
  7. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thanks a lot for your sixth and final nomination of the month with the response by @Flyhigher in the thread Early Retirement Planning - Do's And Don'ts
    That was a wonderful plan of action. I myself took my retirement from SBI thirteen years ahead and not regretting it.
    @Laks09 has summed it well saying
    Need I say more?
    Sri

Flyhigher, Laks09 and iyerviji like this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The class 10 to class 12 years can be challenging times for students and parents -- identifying what the student wants to study, helping him/her explore the options available while also keeping in mind practicalities like job prospects and what the family can afford. This post by @hrastro provides a neat combination of starting points as well points not to miss:
    Should Admissions Be Holistic Or Entrance Exam Based?

hrastro likes this.
  9. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

!

Thanks @Rihana for both the nominations !

I'm overwhelmed!

:blush::blush:

Rihana likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa
    Thank you for your six nominations of the month
    Nomination 1:
    Enjoy Yourself While You're Still In The Pink ..... by @satchitananda
    Satchi is always a delight to read. She always amazes me with her selection of topics. I can quote sentence after sentence from this blog. Each one is a Quotable Quote!
    How often I sit and think about this aspect of our passing years! During the growing up years, we are far too busy to chew the cud but when we progress in age, we start thumbing the pages of our history!
    Oh no! We are not on the same wave length!I realise that we are not of the same age group! She has miles to go before she sleeps unlike me! Her woods continue to be dark and deep!

Nomination 2
    How To Learn About Stock Markets? Response by @Flyhigher
    This is like a Beginner's Guide to Stock Market. It is all so interesting indeed! When I had cash to play around, stock market used to be just like a wayside railway station where you could get only tea in mud pot and some desi biscuits! How times have changed! It's a big, big ocean now.
    That's amazing. If the nuances of stock market continue to be a vast ocean even after so many years, then it is indeed like 'the sinking star beyond the utmost bounds of human thought'

Nomination 3
    The Fantastic Apparatus by @jayasala42
    I never cease to marvel at the flair for details when jayasala talks about any subject. She is indeed a mobile encyclopedia!
    I have never heard anyone summing up cooking better than this! I will have to invite myself to jayasala's house once!

Nomination 4
    Taking Care Of Parents' Retirement Funds. Response by @Hopikrishnan
    Retirement is fun when you have money to buy a chocolate fudge whenever you feel like having it! I do have such fun!
    That's a very effective formula!

Nomination 5
    Taking Care Of Parents' Retirement Funds.
    Response by @hrastro
    This is another perspective.
    I am a pretty old father. My daughters feel frustrated when they spend so much time counselling me and I still have the final say which is not always the best solution!

Nomination 6
    The Enigma Of Forgiveness by @satchitananda
    When there is a post by satchi, I lend my eyes and keep my mind open. Listen to this:
    Forget and forgive! A golden norm in fact! But she doesn't mean to forget the episode and forgive the doer. She means dumping the guy! I cannot agree with her more. Why should we be wasting our time on guys who need to be forgiven every so often? Dumping them instead saves a lot of time and energy!

Thanks a lot Viswa!

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.