Priyanka Chopra Jonas - Memoir- Unfinished

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by abc00, Feb 16, 2021.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Has anyone read this latest book ? Share your views.

I like to watch PC's interviews where she exudes confidence in every bit.

Rihana likes this.

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thank you for the thread! I was searching for the old celebrity gossip thread to talk about this memoir. It came up in my FB feed for some reason.

Now don't kill me if this very first reply is not gaga about PCJ. Just edit it out of the reading.. ; )

I used to admire her in her early days in the industry. She was different. Could make out that she had more charisma and carried herself well etc. Then, her interviews and semi-controversies started to getting annoying. Most likely she was right in her views and so on and just me getting older or old-fashioned or out of touch with bollywood.

The article that came in my FB feed was the chaddi (panties) incident she has talked about in the memoir:
    Priyanka Was Asked to Show Her Panties, And Get a 'B**b Job' Done - Unfinished Reveals All
    Here's why Priyanka Chopra didn't name and shame the director who told her, 'chaddiyan dikhni chahiye' | Bollywood Life

I am half sorry and fully mortified to say that one reader's comment there summed up my reaction about this alleged misogyny she encountered. The comment was something like: "Why the outrage at the director's chaddi comment when PCJ goes to award function in a saree without blouse and petticoat."

I said I was sorry... :facepalm:

3. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

@Rihana I understand your POV and not going to kill you...vokay ?

What I like about PC is just her personality - talking confidently in interviews vs Deepika who always fumbles and uses the words " I think " a million times. PC, on the other hand, is very articulate and knows when to market what, chooses her projects wisely. I don't delve much deeper into her personal affairs nor I'm a Bollywood fan esp after SSR.
    I just admire confident women (even if they are faking it). I used to be a shy student at school and as a teen so this is something which awes me. In her interviews she said that she has built this confidence over time and it was not natural to her. So you see...I just take what is useful for me. Teek hai na ?

Having said that...I admit my post doesn't match with subject title of the thread but if I find someone saying convincing about the book, I might give it a try.

SCA and Rihana like this.