1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How To Get Good And Deep And Restful Sleep?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Needtobestrong, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Needtobestrong & other followers of this thread

our cook Gomathi & domestic help Vijaya were given two months emoluments and granted leave since March 21, 2020 and till today they are off.
    Doing all that service that they two have been doing at our home including shopping daily requirements for us kept us busy alert and more able in our septuagenarian period.
    The sequel is the moment head strike the pillow, we get into profound sleep and morning we wake up quite afresh. Few Tablets & thilam for knee joint pain application all have been given a go bye.

Courtesy visit of Gomathi and Vijaya leading to their comments: we look better and healthy. They commented that :

Rest we believed restore vitality but domestic work is enough for exercise and keep fit.

Thanks and Regards.

Hopikrishnan and Needtobestrong like this.
  2. dhara18

dhara18 Senior IL'ite

sleep is the most important part of good health.. lack of sleep could lead hormonal imbalance.

my suggestion... keep your dinner light..atleast 3 hours of gap before you sleep..
    keep schedule, turn off gadgets, no bright lights or TV in bedroom, keep room temperature down, use some Essential oil diffuser, try ashwagandha it help with sleep and anxiety both , if nothing work go for sleep study , you might have sleep apnea.. where you sleeping hours and hours but not getting needed REM deep sleep..

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Then, People at the helm like prime minister Narendra Modiji, how do they remain alert & active? How do they get within their three hours of sleep REM sleep pattern. There hormones seem to be perfectly in balance! He looks robust and healthy all his wakeful hours. There must be some secret in it.

Is it being worried about not getting adequate sleep, cause the hormonal imbalance or and sleep apnea?

I find some of my friends watch late night movies but get up on time without help of any alarm. Irrespective of time of going to bed and the time they get into sleep, how they could get up at a particular hour in the morning. My late mom (88) was like that. But most modern children of this generation, needs to compensate - stretch their sleeping hours, they even loathe looking at morning sun!

Whereas my uncle maintained couple of cows at his backyard could get into deep sleep despite strong dung odour , regularly at a particular hour in night and get up at four walk a mile through the paddy fields to the lake to finish morning chores. Is it because, his spouse at the stroke of nine, enter every night with lukewarm turmeric powder mixed cow’s milk in a silver kooja and serve it in silver tumbler to her hubby with love. He was inspector of schools during britisher’s time and breathed his lot around 101.

Ps:consumption of Buffaloes milk, then believed to cause dullness (to brain).

Thanks and Regards.

GOD - with multiple heads and hands, how Ravana & other Gods & goddesses could lie down horizontally with their spouse to sleep.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  4. dhara18

dhara18 Senior IL'ite

5. dhara18

dhara18 Senior IL'ite

true, you has valid points.. my suggestions are from my experience... I do have hypothyroidism and anytime for any reason if don't get deep sleep , next day my mood get affected, I felt eating satvik food, exercise definitely , and deep sleep makes me mentally strong. I do have toxic relationship with my in laws but big time when I am stable mentally my answers and response their actions very powerful I feel all over self confident and happy
    compare when my body goes through hormonal imbalance, lack of sleep.
    we woman are hormonally vibrant compare to male body, periods , pregnancy, menopause... this really affect us.. hormones are eventually something which brain controls. I read in some books and did some search , and answer was your brain do it detoxification when you sleep and get organized for next day according your body demand.. this is my opinion and I do really feel that sleep affect your mood, digestion and endurance level.

Thyagarajan and Needtobestrong like this.
  6. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

this is what helped me.

completely dark room , no night light either.
    white noise - we have a noise fan running all night.
    warm turmeric milk before sleep no sugar.

7. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

For me change in dinner and timing helped me to improve the sleep quality...dinner at 7-7.30 and sleeping after 10 really helped me.also I avoided heavy dinner ..less protein and less fat at dinner time made me really light...

Thyagarajan and Needtobestrong like this.