1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Concern With My Younger Son

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by dhivyacc, Feb 14, 2021.

1. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

My younger son is 7 years old and he always beats my elder one. but showcases that elder one is bad by crying .
    Even from morning till night he cries.
    Being in corona time, am in my moms place with both my sons, and my spouse is in his sisters house.
    i could not get his help as well.
    He makes everyone irritated and because of that the overall peace vanishes.
    Help me to handle this please friends.

I cant go anywhere since we are planning to vacate our home in Chennai and relocate to coimbatore.
    His sister is taking care of parents as well and my spouse supports them.
    He thinks that amma veetla thana iruka ...
    Also my sons are notready to go to his aunt house too.
    Because of he cries, my parents always getting tensed as they are also feeling uncomfortable, yosikarathukulla meaning eh illama elder one a adicharan

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Younger ones are always like that like to poke elder and make them cry or feel. You should keep on tell elder one is very important and he is the one whom should younger one listen. Also when younger one beats or do something to elder, don’t ever scold elder one or ask elder one to adjust in front of younger. This will make younger to do more. Make a rule, that if ever younger one beats elder, say he won’t get what he likes for one week or one month and elder won’t ever play with younger. He/ she may change.

gknew likes this.
  3. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Pls make sure all Adults in home not hitting kids as a discipline. Then tell kids no hitting each other at any issue, but talk and solve, and come to parents or grandparents to solve their issues. Take turns if they are fighting for TV favorite show or any other item.
    Make younger one to talk more to explain his point of view instead of getting angry and hitting others, or crying in frustration. Spend mom and son time and keep explaining this to him, after so much practice he will change. Take everyday time for this and explain may be before sleep time, when you are not in a hurry. And there should be a consequences for bad behaviour, taking away their tv time/ ipad time or something which he really likes.

MalStrom likes this.
  4. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Your older son is busy with his studies - as he is older, he will have more to study.
    Your younger son has a LOT of time and is crying for attention.

Some points to note:
    1) Show him attention for the positive things he does. Take this opportunity of "covid holidays" to channelise his energies and make him a clever confident young man!
    2) How is your younger son spending time? School/classes/homework online - apart from this, is he doing something worthwhile?
    3) Is he doing something that can get him some mentally / physically challenging satisfaction?
    4) Do you work? Can you give him a couple of hours a day where you and he could work on something interesting - a project ?
    5) Is he getting good praise and attention and appreciation for whatever good things he does?
    6) His dad could supervise him on the project remotely and promise a gift or create a certificate with some image processing tool.
    7) Include your parents in the project too - make it interesting and rewarding activity!

I know several 7-9 year olds who have spent the "covid" time learning cooking or photography or music or created science videos using their gardening, or made their rooms into doll houses and created wonderful stories. They have a lot of energy!

Please respond with your child's interests/hobbies/personality - maybe we could give you some great project ideas !

5. dhivyacc

dhivyacc Silver IL'ite

Thank you all
    will try with this steps.