Baby Hardly Sleeps For 6 To 9hrs

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by Meenu1991, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Meenu1991

Meenu1991 Bronze IL'ite

my baby will turn 3 months old this week. I moved from my mothers house to my in laws place. Since then his sleeping pattern has changed completely. He was always a light sleeper, but sfter coming here he doesn't sleep during daytime at all and by evenings he gets tired and dozes off, but again is awake by 3am. He gets max of 7 to 9hrs of sleep. I tried all means to maks him slssp. Swaddling him, rocking him in the swing. But he never sleeps. Has anyone experienced something like this?

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    Babies are like that. I have 5 month old baby. Till 3 month he sleeps only only few hours continuously. My in laws used to say, new born baby's job is only drinking milk n sleep all day. But it is not in my case. My baby had colic issues,so he cries everyday in evening. Only gas relief drops helps . Also he sleep comfortably only when he sleep little elevated. After 3 month, he changed bit and now sleeps 3 hr at a stretch in night and wake 2 or 3 times in night. It will change. Just check ur baby stomach gets filled each feeding and also in 3 month,kids realize the surroundings. What is day n what is night. May be surrounding changes affects.

3. aradhyamunjaal

aradhyamunjaal New IL'ite

As a mom i suffered the same problem with my first kid and he barely slept through the night, but one my friend advised me to give the baby massage with a natural baby massage oil before going to sleep and this really worked in my case. I used the baby oil by the moms co. and it has all the great ingredients that you need!