1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Olive Oil Consumption

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by lavani, Feb 13, 2021.

1. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

My spouse is taking 2 TSP of Olive oil on empty stomach every day in the morning recently.

I have read it is good, but i am just concerned or curious to know about if it is practiced or healthy.

any suggestions or advise would help.

2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Haven’t heard of olive oil but I have taken coconut oil on empty stomach during Keto as they say it’s really good.
    And according to Ayurveda taking ghee on empty stomach is good as well.

lavani likes this.
  3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

In the first few weeks of the new year, people attempt various reforms for their self.
    You must come back in September, and tell us how it is going.
    What brand ? Is it cold pressed ? You must see a pressing date on the label of good olive oils; because, olive oil ages, and does not taste the same after a few months in room temperature and exposure to light. OTOH, coconut oil doesn't spoil easily.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

thanks. i read only over the internet , has mostly good info. just need to keep in dark and avoid light. i will ask my dr. too. he is in powerlifting , quite good now, and has got this oil stuff from his friends. i am more worried that he is .

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:There are varieties of edible oil that are reported to do enormous good to the system, if drank in raw or lukewarm form in empty stomach. But how would one know the stomach is empty!?

But then in south India, it is always sesame and or coconut oil. It helps easy movement of bowel and imparts strength and energy by removal of toxins that results in increase in the body efficiency overall besides providing shine sheen to body and tresses. Oil gargling/swishing too reports does similar good.

Researchers claim that these edible oil contains rare proteins, minerals like copper zinc & vitamins E included and their specific combination imparts cure as well as numerous health benefits ranging from blood pressure, skin care, cooling the body, healthy scalp-hair follicles etc.

In south India, girl child are given to drink this oil regularly on empty stomach for attaining puberty with ease.

Virgin/Olive oil if one can tolerate the smell, it is ok. But it gets rancid fast in exposure to day light temp.

For oldies, sesame oil massaging bottom of feet preferably before going to bed too does lot of good. I do it often.

God Bless.:hello:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021