1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming Difficult To Ignore These Days

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by preeti6years, Feb 8, 2021.

1. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

MIL clearly favours her for quite a few reasons
    1. She is biased with BIL and hence proportional importance to his wife.
    2. MIL prefers financial status over the relationships. Cosis family is better off than mine, that was very evident in quite a few occasions and I made it clear to DH too about this
    3. Cosis support system from her family side is stronger than mine. They recklessly gave back to MIL in many occasions. My family has become very submissive after the loss of my dad and I dont have any male support to take on my MIL ( I do not wish to take support of my relatives in this matter)

Coming to tactics, the relationship between me and MIL is quite soar right from day one of our marriage. The more I obeyed her the more she gave me challenges. She troubled me a lot emotionally and mentally when I lost my dad. I tolerated all the crap for quite a long time untill one day I lost it and gave back. Thats when she started hating me more.
    This was not the case with Cosis. She is very nice to her from the beginning and hence there is no question of controversy. She never gave me that comfort.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Put on a good pair of noise canceling headphones. Seriously.

hrastro and KayKuyil like this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Why are you worring about things you can not control?. Its her/others choice what to do for her/ them.
    Its your choice what to do for you. Focus your energy on your life and people who love/ care you.
    Ignore the rest and treat them like any stranger on street.
    Your husband is right. He atleast acknowledges it. That's very positive.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    SCA likes this.
  4. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

This!!! OP, please do this. Or when you guys come down in the evening to cook, switch on music. If your MIL wants to talk on phone, ask her(have your husband tell her) to move to a different room. She is doing all this only to spite you and rile you up. Don’t give in and let them have that cheap thrill. Coming to WhatsApp status messages, that’s one dumb thing done by a lot of our folks. It’s just tacky and silly and unfortunately idiots think they are proving some indiscernible point. Mute their updates or block them in WhatsApp. The less you react, the less they will do these antics.

MalStrom likes this.
  5. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

And sing loudly - if possible - off-the-tune/pitch so that MIL cannot concentrate on the call !
    And look extremely happy with life while dancing to the tune and working in the kitchen!

MalStrom and KayKuyil like this.
  6. preeti6years

preeti6years Silver IL'ite

Yes doing this since two days :). Or I must say I had to do this as MIL was doing it deliberately to pinch me. Wantedly she comes and sits at the place where I am talks loudly.
    At that time I talk loudly to my dd or DH in a happy tone. Yesterday accidentally DH joined the talks with me and we were loud enough to disturb her:tearsofjoy::cheer:.

hrastro likes this.