1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Uninvite People On Birthday Party.

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by sanjuruby3, Feb 3, 2021.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I am planning my kids birthday soon and was planning to invite just 2/3 v close friends/families at home since its all indoors with cold.

Now, one of close friends, self invited themselves. In casual discussion, they asked when is birthday and we will come to help and what is theme. Let us know. They were 2 families so if i add them, 2nd also need to invite.

I am really scared now. It hard for me to do multiple parties. Can not do that.
    Also, hard to not to invite or miss someone from 1st group and add people from 2nd.

How do you deal with such situations. H is okay calling all of them and when i ask, he shrugs..
    Just recently, this couple had the daughtes bday with real close friends, not us which is fine by us.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

One option is to cancel the party and reschedule later using Covid as excuse. Or you can be direct and say that you are limiting the number of guests again due to Covid. If they didn’t invite you then you have no obligation to call them. If they offer to help tell them thanks but you have everything under control. Be polite but firm.

KashmirFlower, anika987 and shravs3 like this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Tell them you can watch it virtually...
    This is Covid era you can reject self invitation.
    Be straightforward and tell you are limiting the number of people as they did the same.

MalStrom and anika987 like this.
  4. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

yeah i had no plans to invite them. But they are also friends and do not want to hurt anyone. They also meant well but do not really want to be spreader and do not want to kill myself with multiple parties. I have kids and work and it takes lot of energy for any gathering.
    No one usually remembers the day so other thought i have is silently celebrate the birthday with no mention of anything. We hardly meet once in 6 months but H may not like it.

shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  5. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

Call them and tell that you have decided to not have a big bday party. And then go with your original plan. Given that they didn’t invite you to their party, there is no obligation on your part to invite them. Also agree with you being cautious. It’s not worth the risk.

shravs3 and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Why don’t you just invite kids and not adults? Just like a drop off? Isn’t that easier?

No hazzles,only snacks which kids like and give a time like 5 to 7 or 8 and get it done.

Birthday parties are only for kids and they don’t ask much..it will be more relaxing with just kids and no need to entertain adults.

No hard feelings that way:)

7. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Or like many others you can do curb side party!

chanchitra likes this.
  8. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Desi grapevine is very efficient. The cat will be out of the bag in no time.

9. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

:dev14::treadmill::roflmao:

10. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

Haha. Very true!!

MalStrom likes this.