1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How To Regularize Sleep Habit And Be Energetic?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Needtobestrong, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Earlier when I was working, I used to follow sleep timing of 10 pm to 6am...but after leaving job and with raising small kids and sleepless nights, my sleep schedule went haywire...
    Many days due to chores or some other reason I get to sleep only by 11 or 11.30 pm and I get up around 6 am feeling all groggy and exhausted...I m ready to crash by 1 pm and I end up sleeping till 2pm...after getting up too I feel disoriented..actually I'm having increased workload of chores now and I'm taking certain medications which have dizziness as a side effect...by 9 pm I feel dizziness...I think I get extra tired due to manual chores...
    My haemoglobin levels are borderline and I'm already hypothyroid...on thyroid meds..
    I'm taking multi vitamin supplements..
    How to make sure I dont give into temptation of afternoon sleep so I get deep and restful sleep at night?
    I drink only 1 small cup tea a day...stopped other caffeine...
    How to keep myself energetic during the post lunch afternoon time , so if I get sleep by 10 or 10.30 I can go to sleep...
    No matter what, I just end up lying down after lunch...
    I'm not working now, but I need a job for financial reasons ...
    Want to know how working ladies who have to do office work and calls throughout the day maintain their energy and stamina levels and proper sleep habits?
    In case I work in future I need to be fresh and energetic and cant afford to get exhausted...

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Instead of one big meal, eat little and eat often. Keep yourself hydrated with enough amount of water intake. Replace curd with butter milk, if you have the habit of eating curd rice in lunch.

Eggs, nuts and fruits in diet (preferably as breakfast) helps maintaining your energy and stamina levels throughout the day.

Dry anjeer soaked overnight in milk and taken on empty stomach the next day improves your haemoglobin in about 2 months, if taken daily.

Needtobestrong and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. sonal1611

sonal1611 Gold IL'ite

I was there just like you few months back.

Nothing is getting completed..

Things are halfway..

But now I find system for myself which I think can be useful to you.

1. Have medicines on time

2. Don't have high sugary juice items ( if you are having any).

3. Keep house in order ( takes time but will be achievable)

4. When making breakfast do half preparation of Lunch. Like while making breakfast , I chop vegetables , some time prepare sabji as well. Same for lunch. Do some extra preparations for next food (snacks time read)

5. Declutter your home/life/thoughts It only sucks our energy.

6. Follow time management.

7. Be happy , then only our thoughts can be .

8. Stop negative thinking , as it only drains our energy. No harms to other.

9.Stop social media after dinner. If u want , read some good book ( hard copy /kindle app ) upto you.

See if it can help you, it helped me a lot other wise I was going mad for things with covid/job/kid/house work .

Needtobestrong likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Needtobestrong

If sleep between 11 pm or 11.30 p.m. to 6a.m. is undisturbed and peaceful, for young adults in these modern satellites era to be considered satisfactory and no need to feel sleep deprived.

2. As for afternoon nap, the sleep research pandits in one voice say that it is restorative and healthy for brain functions, to focus, recharge will power, less stress: and in certain factories and offices of japan they recommend staff to have power nap.

3.The uneasiness, the lack of energy feeling, ennui must have their originations elsewhere. It could be other medications & their timing that may interferes with one another cancelling out the benefits of tablets. It could be food and it’s timing.

4. My mom & spouse recommends always to drink in small sips a glass of warm (cow) milk with pinch of powder turmeric & pistachio or one or two crushed pepper dropped and stirred gently in it - an hour before going to sleep. This said to cause sleep to embrace the person.

Quantum & quality of sleep are greatly influenced by one’s life style, eating time, nutritious food that includes nuts, honey and food rich in iron. The PMs of big Nations are reported to sleep only for four hours, yet they remain energetic during hectic activities to manage myriad affairs of the nation.

Google throws lot of information about sleep.

Regards.

God bless.

Attached Files:

Needtobestrong likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Duplicate hence deleted.

6. Thyagarajan

In my response at#3 above kindly ignore the attachment. Nothing meaningful in it. Sorry for the inconvenience if any.

7. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

You seem to be in a vicious cycle of exhaustion. An easier way to solve this is to try taking a break for one day. If impossible, try planning well ahead and try to sleep in one morning until you wake up on your own feeling fresh. With a little one and working from home full time, I take a break here and there once in a couple of weeks to break the cycle. If not, I just run around like a zombie with no sense and purpose.

prathinb and Needtobestrong like this.