1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

“good Movies “ To Watch During Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Apr 17, 2020.

1. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

I liked the climax most. Especially the granddaughter's dialogue. Life goes in circles.

Metamorphic and Lalithambigai like this.
  2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

I liked it too .. yes, the granddaughter’s dialogue directs us to connect those dots of the story.

3. Giri12

Giri12 Gold IL'ite

Watched it in 2 days 2 seating with the fear of losing link. Very nice simple touching movie. Very good acting by both actors. Ratna rocks. What i liked more are those speechless moments between them. Thanks for d link

Rihana likes this.
  4. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Master movie is now available on Amazon Prime

Rihana likes this.
  5. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

@KashmirFlower
    You should watch Never Have I Ever series on Netflix

chanchitra, KashmirFlower and Rihana like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

One of the best portrayals of Indian origin American kids. I watched it in one weekend at the start of the pandemic. I didn't realize it had only 9-10 episodes until the last episode ended.

Nice to know that a season 2 is in the works: Never Have I Ever Season 2 News, Release Date, Cast, Spoilers (no spoilers in the news story).

7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Thank you @Minion and @Rihana . I will watch and post my comments :)

8. Rihana

Hindi movie "The White Tiger" on Netflix is worth a watch. It is based on the book of the same name by Aravind Adiga.

I watched it mainly as it stars Rajkummar Rao though the hero is played by Adarsh Gourav, in his first lead role. The movie also has Priyanka Chopra, looking every bit her 38 years though she plays a younger woman in the movie.

I liked how the movie is presented with flashbacks in some parts. My favorite was the ending -- the last five or ten minutes. Nothing climactic there, but nice to see what the hero transforms into.

The movie makes you think -- we try to be kind to the hired help, driver, etc, treat them as equals, be generous with money beyond their monthly salary, ... but when push comes to shove, do we really care about them?

Fine acting by Adarsh Gourav. Deserves more lead roles. Though I wonder with his "boy-next-door who lives in a remote UP town" looks if he will get good lead roles.

chanchitra and Lalithambigai like this.
  9. Rihana

Thanks for the mention of this series. I watched parts of 2 or 3 episodes without even knowing the name (long story about why not entire episodes). Then, forgot about it. Good one to add to watch list.

I was wondering -- how common is it really for young people in tier 1 cities in India to live together like shown in the series? I have seen many movies based on it (such as Comedy Couple), but how common is it?

10. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for helping me with the next movie I should watch :) This reminds me the saying, do not judge a book by it's cover. I saw the trailer and somehow felt it may not be a my kinda movie and moved on. I would have definitely watched it, if I knew Rajkummar Rao was there in it. Got to know only now, again Thanks to you :)

Interesting. I am almost half way through Season 1 thinking they are a couple and already imagined a baby by the time I finish watching Season 3. Wonder how I missed this key point :) or maybe it will figure in a future episode.

Rihana likes this.