1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

“good Movies “ To Watch During Lockdown ?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by anika987, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

SONI on Netflix
    Good movie

Lalithambigai likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

What I feel is Nayan should have convinced her kids before step into second marriage and the bond between mom & kids lost. Anu didn't feel like to tell her step dad's harassment to her mom As she thought her mom knows everything. Anu forgot her trauma that she had gone through as a kid in school and stays in live in relation. Whatever I appreciate popular singer Sunitha's remarriage which held recently. I think she has waited until her kids matured enough to understand and support her decision. It was delighting to watch her kids' love towards their mom.

sunitha11610222781.jpg

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  4. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

As shown in the movie, Nayan's children are too young to understand and accommodate their mom's need for a partner. Singer Sunitha's first marriage was at her age 19. Her children are grownups by the time she decided to marry for the second time at her age 42. Not everyone will get a chance like singer Sunitha to wait until the children are matured enough to understand and support their second relationship. Most folks generally get married after age 25, which makes their second relationships with children’s approval tougher.

But, I am happy for Sunitha .. It feels so good to see someone finding love again when the first relationship fails and also having the family beside to support.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
    Thyagarajan, Lalithambigai and Mistt like this.
  5. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

@Minion I liked the Little things series, looks like is it very close to current times young couple relationships and the friendship in it is good. I really wish them to be like that forever, instead of marriage, which scares me that it will spoil the great bonding they have unless all their family members are supportive, they seem to have a different in socail standards there... Funny that I think this much about a story, but I think because I try to imagine how my kid will be in future with his relationship of marraige..

6. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

That was the first time I saw her. I like her acting and she is very cute.
    I also watched her movie Chopsticks. It’s a very entertaining movie.

Rihana, chanchitra and Minion like this.
  7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Nayan is portrayed in the movie as a passionate writer and she has clearly ignored her family members, should people who are so passionate about their work get married? If they are married do they need to have kids ?

Masha on the other hand knew what she wanted in life and prioritized her choice (family life) and stuck to it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Thyagarajan, Lalithambigai and Mistt like this.
  8. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Yes Tribhanga was a good movie.

Lalithambigai likes this.
  9. Lalithambigai

Lalithambigai IL Hall of Fame

Even SONI too. Saw it last night and felt overall level of our movies has gone up several folds in the last few years. When I think back, somehow I feel the turning point was Thappad. Since then, quite a few BOLD movies, dealing with how we feel and process when some incidents happen in our lives and the impact of those incidents on our lives. The big plus I see is, in a way, they are all preparing us to help if something similar happens to someone we know.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Yes, Nayan had misplaced priorities. If anyone couldn't prioritize children, then they need to reconsider their decision of having them in the first place. Also, not being able to provide the comfort to children to come freely and share their issues, is also in a a way failure in parenting. Nayan, in the movie, appeared to have stayed aloof from her children's lives.

My earlier post was about the difficulties involved for a person to take children's approval before remarrying.

Judging the characters of the movie apart, what impressed me is that the way the story was weaved between three lives of the same family, their interdependency, how each ones life is impacted by the other, how their decisions of present esp. relationships are influenced by their past & the relationships they witnessed then and so on .. The concept was presented to the viewers very well.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
    Thyagarajan likes this.