Finest Posts Nominations Of The Committee - January 2021

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Mil- Dil And The ‘kimkartavyavimoodh’ Son. by @HariLakhera
    MIL/DIL confrontation is a very serious topic in IL. It is refreshingly relaxing to read Hariji's tongue in cheek treatment of the subject. And a quote by Kabir makes it all the more interesting.
    A lovely piece of writing!
    Sri

Thyagarajan, HariLakhera and iyerviji like this.
  2. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of a response by @joylokhi to the thread Mil- Dil And The ‘kimkartavyavimoodh’ Son.
    If the OP has been light-hearted, joylokhi does take it seriously and gives her suggestion for a pragmatic approach. And she has spoken of her own experience for the benefit of others. This is not a rejoinder but a considered view.
    Good one!
    Sri

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  3. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thank you for your nomination of @Hopikrishnan 's responses in the thread Looking For Suggestions
    You have rightly said that the various responses by @Hopikrishnan are to be bookmarked for future reference. Yes, I went through the responses by Hopikrishnan and found them to be extremely useful. Not that I wish an occasion might arise when these posts would be handy. We don't insure because we expect to kick the bucket before the Policy matures. Hopikrishnan's post is of the same nature!

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  4. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot. I had that experience of being a referee between mil and dil but for a very brief period. My mother would complain almost on daily basis that my wife does not eat well and my wife asking her not to push her too far.

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  5. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thanks a lot for your nomination of the response by @Hopikrishnan in the thread Discussing Finances And Wills With Young Adult Children
    This response of Hopikrishnan raises a doubt in my mind if he could be a bank officer himself. Such clarity in his points and the language used! I am a retired Bank Officer myself retired over 30 years ago. Banking was very different those days and everything was done manually. Since then banking in India has undergone a seachange. It has become extremely sophisticated and some of the features are worldclass. Banks strongly recommend customers to nominate someone to avoid any legal complications if the account holder dies intestate. I have no idea of the banking practices in US and Hopikrishnan's advices appear sound.
    A very useful post this is!

Rihana, Thyagarajan and Hopikrishnan like this.
  6. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your sixth nomination of How Can I Feel Genuinely Happy For Others' Happy News? by @Needtobestrong
    The OP has been extremely candid but I can assure her that what she feels is not jealousy but may be self-pity. I can also assure her that it is not uncommon and quite a few of us, including me, have gone through this experience. She should not feel low about it. She has articulated her feelings well.
    Sri