1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Artogant Hold Ignoring My Daughetr

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by pni, Jan 23, 2021.

1. pni

pni Senior IL'ite

Hi.
    I am here after a long time for a suggestion. My daughters play regularly with our neighbours kids. they live in next building. Another kid whose family moved to the nearby apartment one year ago also play with my daughters regularly. I did not send them out to play for last few months, now they r playing again. I saw the new kid using adult type words and sentences while playing with them. Most of the time very rude, and not including my elder one in games. Purposely sidelining her. She is ok with younger daughter. Bcoz of this my elder daughter is very upset and now days not showing interest to play. Other kids r obeying this new child only. Yesterday I told my daughter not to go outside and play anymore, younger started crying badly and elder one kept quite and afte a long silence she said Amma let younger sister go and play. I will stay home, why you are stopping her happiness. I felt bad, I dunno what to tell to the new kid. In front of adult, she is behaving good.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

is it possible to invite all the kids home on the pretext of a getogether?

provide them with snacks they love and casually talk to them.

Do not point at the rude kid but generally when you are talking to them,tell them that everyone has to be friends and using bad words and avoiding anyone is very wrong.Also,how everyone has to be nice and supportive of each other.

Maybe this could slightly help? this way your daughter can also meet the other friends.

even otherwise,enroll your kids in hobbies and it will keep them occupied..

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
    chanchitra and KashmirFlower like this.
  3. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

Dear Pni,

I can understand how hard it must be for you to see your daughter treated that way. We always want to protect our children from getting hurt but ultimately they have to face all these kinds of people and behaviors in the real world. It is good to teach your daughter not to care about mean people and unkind behavior. However, if it is affecting her badly, you could try and speak to this kid's parent or find a new group to play for a few days.