1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cooku With Comali

Discussion in 'TV' started by balakrish, Jan 10, 2021.

1. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

Yes.
    But I think she can loosen up a bit...feel like it is her armor/guard of not being taken for a ride...I guess eventually she will as the whole crew is really treating her with dignity.

Edited: It was so nice to her laughing/enjoying the whole time in today's episode with pugazh..Hope this continues..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  2. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

Today I watched more season1 episodes, actually it becomes funnier eventually.
    Bala is best in it I feel.
    Taking back my old comments :D
    You too watch it , aftr few episodes it becomes real fun

3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Yes. She was too rigid in the beginning.
    Maybe she was scared of how everyone would treat her because of her **** history

Indeevara, stayblessed and balakrish like this.
  4. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Me too. Even her mom Binni chechi is like a kid.:hearteyes:.
    Recently watched their Pongal episode.
    The whole family treats their housemaids with respect.
    All sat together and ate food. No wonder shivaangi is so innocent and kind.

5. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

I also watched that video. Heartwarming:relaxed:. Shivaangi is a very nice kid.

candidheart, chanchitra and balakrish like this.
  6. stayblessed

Hurray Ashwin and shivaangi won the immunity task. Acho she dedicated a song from one of his short films for celebrating their victory. So cute :hearteyes:. Ha ha pugazh was funny. As candidheart said its scary to see pugazh carrying bala. When they fell down I was so tensed. Wish they stop these antics. And I kind of felt bad for pavi and kani when these three took oath for shakila, baskar and ashwin. Its as though they have already decided the finalists. Of course they are the stronger contestants but considering these 2 they needn't have openly proclaimed it in advance. Otherwise loved the episode. :thumbup:

7. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Exactly!!

Just keep in mind that when season 1 started, no one knew how the show would be. There was a risk that a bunch of Kalakka Povadhu Yaru people will come and make this show cheap ( like how it happens in some Super Singer shows where KPY folks come and take over with silly antics and the spirit of the show goes for a toss ).

I believe in Season 1 Bhatt in particular made some conscious decisions. This is mainly a cooking show with the cooking/competing being the main. Also, the tasks were such that comalis ( who were picked because they knew no cooking ) learn cooking, ingredients etc as part of the process. In fact I feel Pugaz and Bala know a lot more going into season 2 but they fake like they don't know. But in season 1 you know that they all are clueless and the humor rose from that. Though Bijli is not an over the top comedian, he is nice and the humor comes from his lack of knowledge in the kitchen and his fighting spirit.

The cooks ( Vanitha, Uma Riyaz et all ) had the challenge on how best to exatract work out of the cooks. There was a lot of effort from cooks and comalis which set stage for fun.

I think by the time season 2 rolled, there was enough trust in the comalis that the humor quotient can be increased. Pugaz, Bala etc really earned the respect from Bhatt and Dhamu. Infact Pugaz worked hard in the kitchen ( instead of being cheap or taking easy way out ) that Bhatt gave an ulimate compliment end of season 1 to him.

They also did away with the silly comalis like Pappu and thangadurai ( the later is kind of creepy in the two episodes he showed up in season 2 ).

The more farther you go into season 1, you will see all these things unfolding. There are some truly hilarious episodes as you go late into season 1.

Shivangi has pulled off a heist in season 2. Poor thing was in tears after losing the advantage task last week and Ashwin made it up for her this week by winning the immunity.

Its so funny when shivangi uses her hands and entire body movement to show her excitement when something good happens.

Too bad they showed one episode last week and one this week because of bigg boss and super singer.

Waiting for next week.

Indeevara and stayblessed like this.
  8. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Kudos to Bala firstly. In season 1, he made vanitha loosen up by his true and sincere respectful attitude, he did the same to Shakeela this time followed by pugaz. Vanitha and Shakeela are infamous and its up to the men in the show to give them the respect. Other than the Chefs and Anchor, the comalis ( Bala, Pugaz, Sharath etc ) deserve lot of appreciation for this.

Shakeela had loosened up now. She doesn't seem to care as much about winning. Its Pugaz who keeps encouraging in a positive and funny way. Pugaz also encouraged Darsha and gave suggestions to Kani on when things go wrong.

But I agree with Bhatt putting soodu on the comali or hitting, poor guys, they do it for the entertainment. I think Bhatt sees that and appreciates that. Still some times its scary.

9. stayblessed

True bala and pugazh are genuinely good in encouraging the cooks. Its so nice to see good hearted people even in a hilarious show like this. These shows help us loosen up as well.

candidheart, balakrish and Indeevara like this.
  10. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

While watching season1 I realized how mean Rekha was in it, even Bhatt gets annoyed at her. Vanitha was so good compared to her, she doesn't loose her cool unnecessarily.
    Rekha is a bad cook first of all but blames it on comalis each time.
    No wonder she got out of BB so soon.
    And I just adore Ramya Pandian for her temperament, she gets appreciated for that too.