1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Traditions....what?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@Srama and others posted their appreciation and accolades with extra ordinary comments of Thirumangalyam kannikadhanam.
    How I missed it in right time. For me it is a belated delighted vicarious Deepavali in a wnonderful thread for which the write up begins in a rustic landscape.

But for Nature there are no seasons.
    But for seasons there are no festivals.
    But for festivals there are no feasts.
    But for feasts there are no menfolk.
    But for menfolk there are no womenfolk.
    But for womenfolk there are no traditions.
    But for traditions there is no splurge.
    But for splurge no business
    But for business there is no Tradition.
    But for tradition there is no get- together.
    I enjoyed every part of this thread
    From commencement to conclusion.
    Thanks and Regards.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan sir,

Thank you for the lovely reponse with that poem! And not to mention all the likes you have given. I appreciate it and was surprised indeed. It seems appropriate that you have responded to this thread on a day like in America - where we are talking of traditions too, albeit at a different level. The day has kept me glued to TV and hence the delayed response.

I had to reread the snippet again (which is a rarity) and it only made me refelct on 2020 - well. Here are we are in 2021 and hoping for better times to continue our traditions.

Truly appreciate your feedback.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Thank you sister @Srama .
    We bade goodbye to 2020, for extending warm welcome to Prez Biden and his team consisting largely of Indian origin posted in key positions. America is already rid of obnoxious virus from today and rejoice.

I was reviewing old snippets where I had not responded or missed and in that process I gathered solid nuggets. Hence my response now to your lovely post that always begins with survey of Nature and your immediate surrounding. That reminds me always of my university/ college days where I begun reading Thomas Hardy who put description of nature to harmonise with mood of the character in that particular chapter.

The first para of the post reminded me my first attempt some seven decades ago in drawing a hamlet near foot of mountain with streams and pine trees. I tried it on I-pad tried to copy and post here but it did not materialise. Let me try now:

upload_2021-1-21_14-0-21.jpeg

OMG! Eureka. Eureka. Eureka.
    I got it for you now. This is my maiden attempt to put my own draw and post it here on net IL.
    Regards.

Srama likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Thyagarajan sir,

very sweet. thank you for sharing your drawing! Nature is so inspiring - I miss the beauty around me in the winters but then when it snows, or when we have a sunny day, it pretty much makes up for the lack of that wonder around us. I have also begun to enjoy the naked trees with their branches reaching up and I do long to take a brush in hand and paint....but wait it will have to :)

It is very nice of you to draw and upload. Appreciate it. Always appreciate your words of encouragement. Regards.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Some traditions are beautiful and bring people closer like the tradition of not returning an empty bowl. The tradition of buying a metal vessel brought you closer to a DDLJ addict. "Tradition" in itself is not a dirty word but some hidebound traditions do more harm than good, We have to pick and choose when it comes to traditions.

Srama likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Balajee ,

Thank you as always for your response. I think any tradition that puts a smile on people's face must be a good one. Now my colleagues will return my boxes with cookies at least in them :)