1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Mind Is Going Crazy! Ha Ha..

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Jan 23, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Okay..you guys know am
    On a social media detox..

I wanted to journal down how it is going...

Tough very tough lol..

On top of it..I have up caffeine! I try to alter one day some herbal no caffeine tea and the other day just half a cup of coffee coz finding it tough to go cold turkey!:grinning:

Another thing which am doing is...

I STOPPED any sort of complaining to my husband! (now..my IL friend’s are sweethearts and bear with my complaints but the mister needs a detox from me lol)
    He is shocked for the past THREE days! Coming behind me like a cat and feeling very weird! I am nice to him and do not want to dump my emotional problems on him..sadly,was doing it too often!

If I get upset..I clean up and listen to slokas or mantras and it relaxes me a bit.So tough to go without any sort of complaining but so far so good.I feel more in control.

lack of social media,no complaining and no coffee made me burst into tears especially am going through some relatives problems often..everything got to me!

only negative is I ate some
    Junk:( but hey that’s okay I guess:)

I am taking this up as a challenge and hope I become a better person and have clarity and positivity in life..

just writing the above made me
    Again break down to tears.feeling very emotional past three days and have been crying a lot.usually,no matter how angry I am I never cry! Maybe this negativity is going out of me?
    I hope so..

I want to really be more happier and a nicer wife,daughter ,friend and a mom.

I used to be such a positive person guys..how I became like this..I want to change and this detox physical and emotional is tough...I want to be happy.

Wish me strength to get through this challenge.I want to try this the whole month.

Love u all..

gknew, Thyagarajan, varhem and 3 others like this.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I decided to quit social media after the elections in GA. Then 1/6 happened. I’ve been on there ever since. I only exhaled on Wednesday at noon eastern!
    All I can say is kudos for staying away. I’m giving it another try this week and I hope the sky doesn’t fall forcing me back there! Btw, in my opinion, Twitter is ok. I don’t have too many friends on Twitter and I don’t tweet as much as I browse. I get my news from there!

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Laks..felt like I was losing control over my life.I am trying to regain clarity and composure in my life.

finding it tough and getting some fear and insecurities past few days but listening to lot of slokas and mantras and praying...

I feel protected when I listen to those mantras.

I want a more vibrant and positive life.

Thyagarajan and Laks09 like this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good luck Anika. Stick to it for a month and it should become a habit.

5. candidheart

candidheart IL Hall of Fame

It may seem difficult initally to stay off social media but once you get used too...you will start appreciating the peace of mind it gives..

I was active in facebook a few years ago..used to be like a newspaper thing, will login first thing in the morning and spend a few hours....

The pictures and updates..sometimes make you feel everyone else is having the best life and you are the only one going through tough times..which is not true.. start comparing..which is not required..

I gave up and have not regretted the decision. It gives you a lot more time to focus on things that you enjoy and appreciate...

You can do It u...:thumbsup:

Thyagarajan, varhem and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks candid:)

candidheart and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

Goodluck Anika.:laughing:. i want to uninstall whatsapp. how i wish all these didnt exist

anika987 likes this.
  8. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

Good for you..hope these changes bring out a more positive attitude in you and give you the strength to counteract toxic poeple in your life and confidence to achieve something...

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

i hate watsapp :)it is more irritating and annoying than good..

constant pings from family members whom you do not want to be reminded of in family groups! Though I muted,it is tough to not check and if we don’t respond it’s another story..cannot block them also:)

easier accesss to you from people you don’t even want to talk to lol..

Lot of unnecessary forwards!

life was so much better and happier than all these inventions and distractions.I am an 80s kid and I remember I even got TV aim my house only when I was in 7th grade..

In a way am happier that world is virtual also..love this lockdown honestly ha ha..no need to go to parties and fake smiles..

some good and some bad:)

varhem and Thyagarajan like this.
  10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Yeah it is tough but so far so good..:)