How To Not Trip And Fall While Wearing Saree

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SuiDhaaga, Jan 17, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

This might seem like a "duh" question but how to drape Saree so you don't trip and fall.

Lotta Saree draping tutorials show the Saree dusting the ground. I am yet to see ankle length saree.

Before COVID I would walk on city streets, take mass transit, walk up and down the stairs.

Once tripped over my maxi skirt and fell over several steps. Pain went off after few weeks but I am still traumatized.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

With saree it's a knack one develops after wearing multiple times.
    I personally don't like to wear the Saree ankle length, at the same time not sweep the floor. Just the perfect length helps in not tripping.
    Also wearing a bit of heals helps. As flat chappals with Saree is s big no..

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

4. SuiDhaaga

For some reason, I am more prone to tripping with flat chappal than one with a wedge.

I'm unsure if I can pull of heels, even kitten heels. Perhaps if I drove rather than using mass transit!

And practice practice practice.

5. SuiDhaaga

This is helpful. I am still self-conscious about the cotton petticoat I purchased. I then purchased a satin petticoat for half the price.

It is one of those free sizes where you use draw-string.

Dolly Jain keeps talking about D Coat, and I'm unsure if it's worth any extra $$$, D’Coat Simple

I am in the process of attaching a fall to my chiffon saree. But I am going to wear it with a dupatta because the fabric is too sheer. Here is video by Dolly Jain,

Other two sarees I got (but didn't start adding pico or fall) is georgette.

And I need to get comfortable with wearing wedges or kitty heels at least.

Mistt likes this.
  6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

D'coat looks pretty and Check this one. Wear what makes you comfortable and looks good.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  7. SuiDhaaga

Wear a petticoat whose color matches that of saree??????

I thought I could get away with wearing a pink cotton petticoat under a grey georgette saree.

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!!!!!

I guess I have to find few good quality petticoats whose color-scheme matches with the saree.

8. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

usually, I prefer to have a petticoat that needs to match the shade of my saree exactlly. I don't buy sarees online and my mom/sister buys for me. So, they take Saree along with them to cloth stores to get right petticoat. I heard that today's fashion and some women like to pick a petticoat in a contrasting shade from the saree. So, decide yourself.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:A good question.

It is always easy to become wise after the event!

I trust you heard of saree fall. This should be attached at the bottom part of the saree. My spouse used to brood a lot for selecting and getting this work done. The fall of different
    material might shrink. So before it is attached to saree, fall should be preshrunk and pressed free of wrinkles. Colour fastness should be taken care of.

Checking the link below might equip one with better ideas if not fool-proof one.

3 Ways to Not Trip in a Floor Length Dress - wikiHow

Thanks and Regards.

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  10. SuiDhaaga

You are fortunate to have two ladies in your life who share your fashion preferences. I'd freak out if I'd have to trust someone to buy my own clothes. But that's just me :wink1:

I believe Dolly Jain showed some drapes where the petticoat is exposed. Certainly contrasting shades would do wonders here!

Mistt likes this.