1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Looking Back

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 19, 2021.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Looking back in my life brought some happy memories during my working life where I worked for 36 years. I was permanent there but so many friends joined and left . I used to have breakfast after going to office, most of the times it used to be idli with milagapodi and had different friends while having breakfast. Ladies who used to be pregnant used to like my idli with milagapodi, thanks to Mama who only used to grind the batter in the grinder. Used to take for them and give surprises and their good wishes only is keeping me healthy and happy in this age. I had gone during lunch time and showed my friend how to make mysore pak, Asha dear hope you remember that day. Now more of 7 cups which is easier than mysore pak, but its long time since I have made. Another boss cum friend also wanted to know how to make and had gone to her house int he evening. Today is her birthday so just remembered those happy days. Our office was more like a family than office. So many happy memories. Many times I was given the opportunity to buy birthday cards or other cards for friends. Those days wont come back but memories will always be there. Many of my friends are here in facebook who used to work with me.

Yad na jaye beethe dino kee jake na aaye jo din, dile kyo bulaye unhe

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Nice snippet as usual, Viji Aunty. It’s great that you have such lovely memories to fall back on.

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

Yes dear I have many sweet memories of school life 'working life ' contract bus friends and after retirement Facebook and indusladies

Madhurima21 likes this.
  4. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Beautiful memories Viji aunty...

iyerviji likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Thanks dear

6. GregoriaBoul

GregoriaBoul Silver IL'ite

What a good read my friend.

iyerviji likes this.
  7. iyerviji

Thanks dear

8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    Very nostalgic and short and sweet post. When you say it was like family more than an office, I relate to my time in such an atmosphere where over fifty percent of my staff belong to orthodox maharashtrian Brahmins.

When Sathyanarayana Pooja at auspicious time and day, followed be entertainment of music dance drama enacted by staff family members and their children, it felt like family affair.

Besides that they reorganise office furniture to conduct homam pooja and entertainment and at the same time extend help with emergent customs-work.

Mere thought of those days and those friends makes one ecstatic.

Thanks and Regards.