Freelance Work?

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by EagerForInfo, Jan 17, 2021.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

Any have experience working with freelance jobs in IT? I have gotten some good advice on this forum but when I tried to sign up there were fees.. Its not that I don't want to spend anything to earn money but has anyone had any experience doing freelance work? What worked well? Please advise.

2. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

I think since 2018 or so Freelancer.com is no longer free. Initially one month is free with few bids. After that, you need to select monthly plans.
    As per my experience as a newbie, you need to select a plan which has at least 50 bids or more. There are a lot of fraud employers, I guess for every project Freelancer.com chargers 10%, also there is a charge if you don't login to your account for 6 months or more, there are a lot of other factors you need to be aware of before accepting any projects check client ratings/review, beware of the price system and charges for fixed projects, hourly projects, service projects, contests, etc.

Here are a few other sites
    Fiverr - for every gig sells 1$ for every 5$ you make or 20%, 5$ initial gig price, PayPal fees
    Freelancer - fixed project 10% or 5$ which is greater. hourly project 10%
    Upwork - fee is high 20% for first 500$ from a single client, later it drops to 10%, 5% once 10000$ crossed with the same client.
    Also, there are genuine bug bounty and hacker programs.