1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cooku With Comali

Discussion in 'TV' started by balakrish, Jan 10, 2021.

1. balakrish

balakrish Platinum IL'ite

Hi All,
    Starting a thread for Cooku with Comali.

It was surprising to me that many of you haven't watched this show.

The first season was great because it had the likes of Vanitha Vijaykumar and Mohan Vaidya fresh from the stint in bigg boss. It brought comedians like Pugaz and Bala to the forefront ( I am not a Kalakka Povadhu Yaru watcher ). It had Manimegalai from a VJ background, Shivagi who was a super singer. An interesting mix of comalis and cooks. Uma Riyaz, actress Rekha etc.

The best aspect of the first season was that we expected Comali s to make mistake on purpose for humor and the show to be a silly one. But the way Bhatt and Dhamu had planned it, the humor was organic from the tasks.

Couple of shows come readily to mind. the comalis had to identify cooking ingredients ( like ulundu, vendayam etc. ). The humor was not forced and not fabricated.

In another show, the comalis have to listen to the recipe and come and tell that to the cooks. The recipes are recited in a very fast way for anyone to make sense. The cooks have to understand and come up with some food.

It was hilarious.

If you have hotstar, I recommend starting season 1 from first show. The way things unraveled were very interesting.

(contd...)

2. balakrish

I have way too many things to say about this show, will come back and post again.

One thing I realized this week was to not watch the promos ahead of the show ( which I did for the first time this week ). The greatest surprise is how the comalis characterize themselves and which cooks they pair with. If we find that during the show, it builds the humor throughout. If we catch that in the promo, and some of the humor we know ahead of time the humor is reduced.

Thats why my recommendation to those venturing into season 1, don't watch bit and pieces in youtube out of order. The humor builds when we go in sequence.

If you haven't watched this show yet and have the time, start with season 1.

The first one or two shows in season 2 were not that interesting ( weight of expectations maybe ), but things are falling in place now and it is gaining momentum.

Also, if you watched bigg boss 4 and are watching season 1, you might perceive Ramya Pandian differently now. But it was funny in season 1 without knowing as much about Ramya.

stayblessed likes this.
  3. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

Hi there. Thanks for starting this thread.
    This is the only show I watch even though I have all the channels in my home.
    My favorite comalis are shivaangi, bala, pughazh.
    Season 1
    Ramya pandian had a very positive attitude in the way she respected the comalis and extracted work from them.i really like her. Haven't watched big boss or her other shows yet.
    Rekha was very irritating
    Mohan vaidya also used to get angry frequently.
    Ultimately the winner vanitha did deserve the title.
    Season 2
    Madras muthu(madurai veeran thaane) and Deepa akka both seem to be comali's than cooks.
    Shakeela and Ashwin are the strongest competitors.

4. balakrish

Very nicely summarized. Uma Riyaz was also a tough contestant, but Vanitha used her western culinary knowledge and impressed the judges to walk away with the title.

Ashwin is really amazing for sure. He also seems like a really nice guy and his interactions with Shivangi are so cute.

Shivagi seems to be very protective of Ashwin and if anyone tries to give trouble to Ashwin, will come first to oppose them.

Shiva's entry this week was good and was really impressive to see him address and appreciate each of the comalis and cooks in the set.

Will come back and post a few more.

5. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

I am new to this show; finished watching all episodes of season2. Very innovative show undoubtedly! The comalis are so cute:blush:
    , their interactions and their ignorance of cooking seems so real unlike other comedy shows. Bala, Pukazh and Shivangi are my favourites as of now. Shakeela getting so much appreciation for her culinary skills each time; she should start a cooking channel on youtube ; she can surely be successful and forget her bitter experiences in personal life.
    Aswin is good looking :hearteyes: .

6. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is indeed funny. Slapstick comedy , counters in a short time. Some episodes are well executed

7. Positivity02

Positivity02 Silver IL'ite

I watched season 2 episodes that came so far and enjoyed them thoroughly!! I keep watching short clips in Instagram and laugh every time! Ashwin Shivangi interactions are so cute! Sunita is surprisingly witty! Pugazh is amazing! I like all others too. They are great individually but amazing when together in the show !!

Now ,I started watching first season , seen few episodes so far and find comalis quiet & apprehensive! Hoping they'll loosen up going forward..
    Bijili Ramesh seems to be a misfit, Nisha is annoying as an anchor. Mohan vaidhya seems to be in bigg boss mode

stayblessed, chanchitra and balakrish like this.
  8. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In season2 , Since deepa and Muthu are hilarious, the team is hosting more of those "celebration" rounds to bring them back.

stayblessed, Indeevara and balakrish like this.
  9. balakrish

If you all like Shivangi, her channel is worth a watch. Humor comes naturally to her:

stayblessed, chanchitra and Indeevara like this.
  10. Indeevara

Indeevara Platinum IL'ite

I have a doubt - whenever contestants are given tasks to be completed within a time frame I never see a single contestant in a hurry. Why so? My doubt is they may not be strict with the time limit, probably giving more time considering they have to bring in humor from comalis which is equally important.