1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Cracked Heels

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by Sushmavarala, May 1, 2008.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

When humidity is not too high, in winter seasons of the 'merican midwest, one can skate barefoot on a wood floor.
    What old people ... we are the old people..... At 40,50, 60.. broken bones don't heal as fast as they used to. And for the first gen immigrants, their spare parts have to come from India too.

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:lol: Mah sistah!

My feet apparently don't merit re-tiling so we settled for this.

Rihana and Amulet like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Why is it boys either don't have or don't bother-with this issue ?

Amica likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Wow ..that is some research! don't even know such things exist!
    Do we even inhabit the same planet ;)

Yup but not the same country for sure; Here in our desi lands I have found this to be the solution , (aside : though believe me the problem always remains on account of laziness)
    Wash your feet and apply the nivea moisturising cream , pull on socks and doze off!
    This off course is undertaken every new day after a pedicure is completed :relaxed:

The following may be some unsolicited advice (as home remedies are discouraged here) but since I being me , might as well post it...Glycerin after a good rinse every night is supposed to work wonders and pretty quickly

Rihana and sokanasanah like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Followed the suggestions, read the reviews and ordered selectively but abundantly from Amazon : ) for the cream, gel socks and an extra item of this bad boy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VPVEVSK/

They work together like magic. Very impressed. Still a work in progress but one day, Meena Kumari style, I might wake up to an "aap ke paaon dekhe .." note tucked between my toes. :lol:

sokanasanah likes this.
  6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

A gadget version of the traditional pumice stone, this was addressed above in the cheese-grater post.
    Glad you're closer to the padkamala!
    :beer-toast1:

Rihana likes this.
  7. jackfowler

jackfowler Guest

The primary cracked heels home remedy is very simple. Just apply coconut oil. The major cause of cracked heels is dryness of the foot skin. Skin in the foot is thicker than skin in your arms. So, you need extra moisturizer. Lack of moisture causes dryness, and lead to cracks. Applying coconut oil hydrates the skin and nourishes your foot. Coconut oil also has other healing benefits, it treats bacterial and fungal infections.

8. ZenSojourner

ZenSojourner Silver IL'ite

I don't know about home remedies but if you can get a commercial product there with Urea in it that will definitely solve this problem. I wear only sandals and started getting "old lady feet" and horrible painful cracked heels in my late 30's, early 40s and NOTHING helped including exfoliating. No lotion helped at all, not even udder balm. Coating in petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and wearing socks at night - didn't help.

I got Woodwards Mycocide Clincial Cx Callus Exfoliator and it solved the problem totally. I don't know if you can get that there but any foot cream with Urea in it should do the trick. The stuff I use has 12% urea.

Once I got rid of the cracked dry heels and started regularly polishing my heels with a pumice stone it didn't come back and I rarely use the cream any more, but a pumice stone won't solve the problem once you have the cracked heels, but it does seem to stop it happening again once you've healed it.

9. aradhyamunjaal

aradhyamunjaal New IL'ite

In the colder months my feet are always cracked or have some swelling during the night time. So i tried the moms co foot cream on a friend's recommendation and it worked so well for me, gave me instant relief!