IVF - Need some advice

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by mrudula, Mar 19, 2007.

1. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Please help me out . I could not find proper thread to post my message so posting here. My cousin sister underwent embryo transfer on 4th jan this month and today after 5days she started bleeding. Early morning today around 6am ,the blood looked like brown blood but gradually it turned out to be red like we have our periods. We got scared. Suddenly we rushed her to the hospital and doctor prescribed more 3 days progesterone injections. Not sure why this thing happened? Not sure why she she had period like bleeding. If anyone knows anything about this please share their opinions. We dnt know whether implantation have occurred or not. She doesn't have any symptoms till now. Feeling like complete normal person. Not sure after 3 days what will happen. Again she will be on injections or not. If anyone have suffered like this then please help me. .I am posting this question on behalf of my sister. Please help me. We are scared whether she will conceive or not. We have put so much money. Hope everyone will understand me and help me..

2. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thank you so much. What kind of vegetables can we eat after embryo transfer? Please help me..my sister had dill leaves and spinach which caused much heat and had bleeding after 5th day of embryo transfer.

3. aarth0203

aarth0203 Silver IL'ite

First and foremost IVF does not guarantee 100% success. Success depends on various factors like embryo quality, uterus receptivity and all, even if every thing is good it may not succeed for unknown reasons. Having said that my advice to you is to relax and relax. It may be difficult but the lesser you think about it, stress is less and chances of success are high. Secondly there is no specific actions/food which will make IVF successful. Eat what you eat normally and continue your regular routine. Ask your doctor if you can exercise or not. Bleeding amidst is not a sign of failure, bleeding may even happen due to medication. I succeeded in my 4th attempt, I started bleeding 4th day after testing positive. It was due to an injection and I was fine when I stopped it. My daughter is now 6 years old. So relax relax and relax is the only mantra

4. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

@aarth0203 Thank you so much for helping me. My sister had heavy gush of red blood bleeding on 5th day after embryo transfer and we think her body didn't accept the embryo and she had abortion. Today morning after she got up to pass pee , she saw heavy gush of deep maroon blood with big clots passed. She is on pads for 2 days now. Bleeding is red like period flow. Not sure what to check next time for better uterus receptivity. Why God is taking so many exams ? She had uterus clean polyp operation too but still the embryo left us all. She cried very much. We checked with the doctor but doctor said they have never seen any kind of patients like this who bleed on 4th day after embryo transfer and lost it. If you can guide me what should be the next step to be discussed with the doctor then that would be a great help.
    Thanks

5. KayKuyil

KayKuyil Silver IL'ite

So sorry that the FET didn’t work for your cousin. Has the Dr done any test since? Normally there are 2 blood tests: 1 to check some protein level and the other will determine if body is fighting embryo thinking it’s an infection. Both has medicines to treat. Then a uterus scan can be done. Basically they pump uterus with a saline like solution to check if when uterus expands, any other blocks are seen. If this all comes back normal, then they atleast know that there is no underlying condition preventing implantation. Here in US, you are supposed to be on progesterone injection for up to 10 weeks of pregnancy. Was your cousin on progesterone following transfer? Progesterone is what makes body think there is a embryo in the making and to provide necessary hormones. If not, general menstruation will occur.

6. pihu123

pihu123 Silver IL'ite

Thanks @KayKuyil for replying to my post. Yes my cousin was on progesterone injection for 6 days before the embryo was transferred. After the embryo transfer she was on progesterone cream which was to be inserted through cervix. We checked with the doctor, they said that her body was not able to absorb progesterone. So she started bleeding on 4th day after embryo transfer and continued bleeding for 11 days which was really worry some. She will be having more scans too to check her uterus. They checked her uterus for any infection but there was none. The doctors told they have never seen any case like my cousin's. As you mentioned about the saline like solution to chcek if uterus expands, what is the test all about? Do you have any idea? Is it painful process? She had very very severe constipation after embryo transfer. She was on milk of magnesia liquid to ease constipation but it was the worse. was drinking lots and lots of water during those days but still no luck. If you know any other medicines which she can take without affecting the embryo then you can mention..thanks

7. Parry22

Parry22 Silver IL'ite

Hi , would you be able to confirm how much money did you spend on 1 IVF cycle and the city for reference? I'm about to start IVF and wanted to understand the cost.

8. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Just quote where you are staying so that it wil b easy for others to adress your queries ..ivf cost wil chage from city to city and based on hospital reputation too.. mostly it wil be like 3-4lks