1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Covid-19 Vaccines - Updates And Questions

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Rihana, Dec 12, 2020.

1. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

May I ask, do you work in medical field? In a hospital setting or doctor office?
    Keep us posted about your vaccine schedule.

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

I work in a hospital but I don’t have direct patient contact myself.

gknew and Mehana like this.
  3. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Please post your feedback when you receive it.

gknew likes this.
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

Total confirmed COVID-19 deaths per million vs GDP per capita
    ^^^This link shows the (very hypertexed - move your arrow over the graph to see) graph of per-capita GDP of countries versus how many Covid-19 deaths per million population they have had so far. In general "the wealthy" countries have lots of deaths.

However, many wealthy countries have more old people, and poor countries have more younger people (older people get culled off by the harsher life of the poorer countries), and this could explain the covid-19 deaths.

One group of Indian scientists (from MatSciInstitute, CSIR etc.) are to publish a paper in an European journal that suggests that a more hygienic lifestyle of the wealthier nations may have caused immunologically weaker populations of humans that the Novel Corona virus is picking off easily, whereas the populations in poor countries have had frequent visits by various viral and bacterial infections that their populations have already been strengthened by such challenges.

There is such a thing called the Hygiene Hypothesis, which puts out the notion that being too clean may make one's immune system weaker. We may have read about house pets (especially dogs) and babies: babies do not get as many infections when there is a big dog in the house.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
    Mehana and gknew like this.
  5. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

That's awesome @MalStrom. I always wanted to work in a hospital setting, but ended up as IT professional. Please keep us all posted once you receive the vaccine.

Any idea that they started for elderly people and people in long term care facilities ? I heard that is the sequence. Once they done with elderly and care facilities, they move on to general public. Please update here if you get any information. I think more than others , you are the right person to give updates here. Don't want to go with whatsapp forwards.

MalStrom likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

You can sign up for health updates from your county. That will be the best source of information because it seems like each state is prioritizing risk groups differently. Our county executive sends out a weekly email dedicated to local Covid updates ever since the pandemic started.

gknew likes this.
  7. gknew

gknew Gold IL'ite

Thank you. I didn't know this information.
    I don't know if the county has the covid updates. I will check it out.
    Keep us posted once you get your vaccine.

nuss likes this.
  8. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

I know few people who got their vaccine. It was Moderna and except mild fever and diarrhoea they dint have any other symptoms.

nuss and gknew like this.
  9. Hopikrishnan

Here is a video summary-converstion of the year that had gone by, with a couple of well-known internet video-faces in the Corona-Virus and the covid-19 topics. Key features:
    • Drugs that are useful in the various stages of the disease. Dexamethasone is good in later stages, while Monoclonal_Antibodies are good in early stages.
    • Vitamin D importance as a regular supplement for protection against infection.
    • The new variant is more infectious to younger (20's and Teens) people. Younger people with comorbidities (chronic conditions, obesity) have the same difficulties as older people.
    • Vaccines, allergic reactions, comparison of m-RNA (pfizer, moderna types) and oxford vaccines.

10. Hopikrishnan

I liked this interview: KRISHNAN talking to DEVI Sridhar on Channel 4: