1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Protect Your Mental Health And Prevent Depression?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by DavenaRosalie, Dec 17, 2020.

1. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

With the sudden disruption of our routines and the new norm of social distancing, the coronavirus outbreak has affected many areas of daily life, including mental health. Many of us are facing stress and its impact on our finances, putting us at risk for depression during the coronavirus outbreak.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

When you feel stressful, try to focus on your breathing amidst your wavering thoughts. The focus may be interrupted, but start again. After some time you may feel the serenity and calmness.
    Another one, do straw breathing. While working or browsing, inhale through the nose, but exhale very slowly with your mouth doing like blowing in a straw. Hope this helps.

3. DavenaRosalie

I have heard about this before but never given it a thought. I tried doing it now, and I liked it. I'll do this from now on. Thank you.

Maybe I got affected by how the mainstream media depicted everything like some kind of apocalypse. I got scared that I haven't really lived that much and there's still a lot of things I want to do.

I hope this ends soon.

4. DavenaRosalie

I've searched about breathing exercises for stress and saw a few, I think I'll start doing it to relieve my stress.

vidhyalakshmid and Madhurima21 like this.
  5. DavenaRosalie

been doing it for a few days already and it really makes me calm.

vidhyalakshmid likes this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Good to know. By giving the tip to you and knowing the results, I am also ensuring myself to focus more on my breathing to get fortitude.

7. dharmastick

dharmastick Senior IL'ite

the situation we are in right now is really stressful, so finding activities you enjoy is a surefire way to improve your mood and reduce your risk of depression.

8. DavenaRosalie

Yup, this pandemic is indeed really stressful and I agree with your explanation about improving your mood and reduce the risk of depression. There are a lot of things that can help your body and mind stable. Doing outdoor activities can also rid our boring time and bad mood. Morning exercise, proper diet, and reading books can boost your physical and mental health which is really good for us. Life is really hard to maintain.

KashmirFlower likes this.