1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your “weakness” When It Comes To “food”?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Dec 18, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

:tearsofjoy::laughing:

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Pav Bhaji - Watching it being made in Mumbai brings saliva leave alone eating it. After preparing it, they give it with two lemon pieces that we can squeeze on top of red hot Bhaji. I can't forget those experiences. Once in a while, we prepare it here in the US and eat it to satisfy our taste buds.

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Gobi Manchurian.

Haven't had it in a long time as when we go out we order only non-veg. : ) Paapi pet ke real estate ka sawaal. (Don't want to waste tummy space on ghaas-phoos green-grass).

Used to get it from outside for dinner parties for the vegetarian guests. Then yesterday, early morning, like 7:15 one family member decides to exercise. A nasty 'can you not?' texted from bed makes that stop. At 8:00, someone is installing wall speakers! At noon, another accosts me and demands, "why didn't you bring in my amazon package?" 3pm sees one stepping out for a walk in flannel pajamas. Yelled at her.. yelled at others for good measure. Opened the fridge, brought out everything and cooked for 3 hours straight. One dish I made is the closest I can get to gobi manchurian - less oil, shallow fry, then roasted cauliflwr with some spinach thrown in.

As I sat down eating it plain (no rice, roti), all scurry around making amends. One even did laundry (including bed linen!) two days ahead of schedule. : ) : )

See Anika, what the thread made me do during the holidays! Cooked 3 hrs. : ) I am all set till Christmas Day...
    gm.jpg

4. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

It is nice to read your experience anika!
    I’ve been thinking to reply right after I saw your thread. It’s only now that I got time.
    We too have a similar experience with SB when we went on a trip to New York City. We went to SB all 5 days of our stay for breakfast and dinner. In fact there were a couple of days we reached there before they opened in the morning. However they saw us waiting outside and they let us inside while they were cleaning up before opening the restaurant for the rest of the customers. they gave a special treatment for us for breeding their regular customers albeit for the sport period of time

Madhurima21, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  5. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

I did not get a chance to make methu vadai the next day. But this morning we had a wonderful feast. I made ven pongal, methu vada, Kathirikai gotsu, coconut chutney. Kids love methu vada and coconut chutney a lot. Both were saying yummy as they are. DH said all items were so tasty and ate so well! He was especially so appreciative of kathikirai gotsu and methu vada. He said this is the best breakfast! Of course I too ate well. I was think in of this thread as I ate methu vada
    Anika - I have read your other threads and know about your social insecurities and anxieties. I don’t know if you realize this but you have a way to beautifully connect with people and give a personal touch! I hope people around you realize and appreciate this

Madhurima21, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  6. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely! Long time back I had watched pav bhaji preparation with drooling mouth at the street corners of Mumbai. When I saw your post, the scenary was in front of my eyes. I used to prepare at home, but my DD likes the MTR readymade pav bhaji rather than mine.:BangHead:

7. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I have long list and i normally do not deprive my self...anyways. I eat if i want to eat something.

But my weakness that can really kill me is chocolate and red wine ..because there are most available to us in US. Other than that, if i get chat / samosa etc anything, I do not even think.

8. ushamohandas

ushamohandas New IL'ite

9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

looks soo good Rihana!! recipe link please!!

10. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

You should try "dry fruit rava dosa" from SB:)

Lots of ghee,raisins and nuts..I loved it..the dosa is so rich!!