1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

What Is Your “weakness” When It Comes To “food”?

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by anika987, Dec 18, 2020.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

A7D350C6-D922-482B-978D-7419B64EC03A.jpeg

Looks fantastic! Slurp!

Thyagarajan, Indeevara and Sandhya13 like this.
  2. Sandhya13

Sandhya13 Gold IL'ite

@anika987 I am going to make this tomorrow.. so tempting picture
    Look what you are doing to others.. especially in this time of year when people are already eating too much ☺️

Thyagarajan, Indeevara and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

:smile::smile:

4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

[​IMG]

The Amount of Labor that has to go into such a thing to be made at home is SO MUCH. There is no way a sane person would attempt such a thing as ^^^^ at home on a regular basis, unless you are the cook, and this is what the LOH (Lady of the Home) orders you to do.

The following two posts would be "lost in translation". One has to just look at them from a socially distanced vantage, and appreciate. Going into it without any expectations, and then going to heaven -- is totally like an arranged marriage that ends happy. I enjoyed reading this thread, and the pictures.

5. AppuMom

AppuMom Gold IL'ite

Coffee and bajjis

Madhurima21, Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Bajji' s also seem to be a hot favorite in this thread:)

Madhurima21 and Thyagarajan like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Glad you are enjoying this thread:)

8. madhat

madhat Platinum IL'ite

well said.

For me it is the Almighty 'Therattipaal'. ooooooo.... I go drooling over and can't stop with just one , two, three.. mouthfuls.
    That said, since I got pregnant with my first one, I had started the morning fresh filter coffee culture. I still continue it now that cuppa or 1/2 is even enough for me. I don't desire for the second in the afternoon be it cofee or tea.

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  9. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Ooo.. even I mentioned palgova is my fav sweet:)

Is it the same as theratipaal?

Thyagarajan and madhat like this.
  10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Anika, all my plans to restart intermittent fasting went out the window thanks to this thread. :smiley::smiley: Instead we went and picked up my favorite Chettinad dishes - nattu kozhi roast and chicken pepper fry. :facepalm: I rationalized that I will finish the Costco salad for dinner. : )

Am a fairly recent convert to Chettinad cuisine. Started to appreciate it about 8-9 years ago. One restaurant is our favorite. We are regulars there. In pre-covid time, at one lunch, just me and DH at the table, DH was looking at the menu and telling the waiter the items we want to order. After a few, when it seemed like my DH was just reading the entire menu aloud, the waiter glanced at me and back to DH, and asked, "all for here sir?" I was so embarrassed, felt like crawling under the table and hiding. : ) Dh laughed and told the waiter that we like to sample all but will be taking home most. Sometimes I write "amma only" on the box in the fridge to tell others not to dare finish it.

Can't wait for covid to be a thing of the past and we are back to our regular visits there. Not a fancy place, but very clean, good price, not too oily food, tables not so close that I am reaching for the next table's salt/pepper by mistake, : ) polite and efficient waiters. By now they know that I always ask for paper napkins, so they bring it along with the menu card. : ) OK, now any eco-conscious in the readers, please and kindly excuse me for that little tree I cause to be cut by asking for paper napkins. : )

====
    Very enjoyable thread, Anika. If there was a way to nominate an entire thread, I'd want to nominate this one. Simple everyday topic, but to read all the responses, confessions is so relaxing.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020